Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-19-2005, 02:37 AM   #1
Addict
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wanted to make a weapon master, i got one problem, i get killed by the first druegars (spelling?) i meet. All tips for how to play a good weapon master are preciated.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:43 AM   #2
javan
Zhentarim Guard

We will be pleased to help you. [img]smile.gif[/img] Please provide us with some more information.

What modules are you using? (OC/SoU/HotU)

What race, class and level are you playing? (dwarf fighter? ... half-orc barbarian? ... gnome sorceror?? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] )
Old 03-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #3
Addict
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am playing HOTU.

Human
16str
14dex
15con
14int
10wis
10cha

10Fighter/5Weaponmaster

Feats:
The feats from fighter class
The feats for the weapon master
and then focus and specilization in bastard sword
lightning reflex, iron will two weaponfighting and some other skills.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Those stats look fine - what's your AC? You should be a-carving through those Duergars...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
Addict
Elite Waterdeep Guard

24AC
Old 03-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm why are you dualweilding Bastard swords. YOu will be getting a heavy penatly due to them both being large weapons. I would stick with one bastard sword, a sheild and heavy armour. Try and get your hands on a Amulet of Natural Armour to increase your AC.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I don't think I'd have used the bastard swords at all. You can get the same type of dmg out of a katana, at around 1/2 the weight. I agree with TDC too, get a shield, and an ammy of natural armor, there is one available in Waterdeep for sure, and may even be one in the well room, not sure on that one.
Two weapon fighting is all good for chars wearing light armor, with a high dex, using smaller weapons. My personal choice for dual wield is Kukris, with the weapon finesse feat, and a very high dex, 20+ in later lvls. It's not so good for fighters, in heavy armor, if you can't get enough ac boosts. You would need Nat armor ammy, ring of protection, and some very high bonus plate mail to get your ac up high enough to protect you, or, a very high constitution with some type of dmg reduction, the greater swordsman, archers and brawler's belts come to mind, so that getting hit wouldn't matter so much.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote