Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2000, 02:28 PM   #1
dcch

I noticed that in my game, Grunaxe (who was standing nearby me) totally disappeared from the game after I placed the Evil Eye in the socket~ (I reloaded a save..several times and he repeatedly disappeared each time)~

Anyone else see or talk with Grunaxe after opening the way to the Idol of Aju?

dh
Old 12-06-2000, 04:22 PM   #2
Sloth

When I first ran into him, I was running away from the Jungle Lillies. Although he is important, saving my backside takes precedence. After the lillies were taken out, I went back, but he was gone. I was completely bummed, but when I returned to town my characters knew everything they needed to, and received credit for the quest.
Old 12-06-2000, 05:46 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

I didn't go to the cell area until AFTER I had killed the pit scorpion (he was unaware that I had and told me maybe I could succeed where he had failed), given the ring to the priestess as a momento and "borrowed" it back from her. Never once in our conversation did he mention his son. We had a chat and he went away after I left and didn't return. Was I supposed to see him again at the pit?

I have tried to give Torin the ring, after buying everything he is carrying. I have talked to him til I am blue in the face. HELLO? I have clicked and typed almost every key word I can think of. Is there ANYTHING I can do short of putting this ring up his nose? Do I really need to tell him about his father? I really don't want to do those caves a THIRD time. I had my first freeze last night and must go see what is left of my game. Defrag time, I guess.
Old 12-06-2000, 06:06 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Lily, Lily, Lily

You don't have to give Torin his son's ring. In fact, you can't give him his son's ring. Another one of those cases where the players want to go that extra bit to finish up a story line and the game doesn't (like unboogring the boogres - you can't do it)

(would have been better if you could have done it!)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 09:15 PM   #5
dcch

Wyv,

You've been answering too many posts on the board (wink)... Torin IS the son.. it's Grunaxe that the ring belonged to~ just noting this to keep from causing further confusion among the readers of the post~ ;0)

dh

btw.. I wanted to solve the problem (about Torin wanting to kill the dragon) so badly, that I was tempted to kill him so he couldn't complete his vow... and if he kills the dragon later in the game, I'm going to be sorry I didn't!
Old 12-07-2000, 04:03 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Grunaxe disappears after you've talked to him (or for that matter after he talked to you, while you flee lillies or rangers.) When I was there it seemed kinda logical, sort of like setting him free by defeating the scorpion.

About Torin reacting to you after visiting Grunaxe: So far I remember no NPC outside the cities react to anything you achieve in the game: starting with the stout you can't tell you gave his brother the ratpie, the lovely lady Whossname you can't tell you've delivered the letter, Talrik you can't tell you've found his treasure etc.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote