Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Cool Dude

Yep, I'm 20 years old friends and I'm already facing a dilemia. I have erectile disfunction! Hahaha sorry I was just joking about that, the real problem is I think I'm losing my hair. You see I have a bit of a receding hair line on the right side of my head, above and in front of my ear, but the real problem is the hair on the top of my head and from my bangs is falling out very easily. Combing, running my hands through it, sometimes even just shaking my head violently causes it to fall out. This is very disconcerting to me as my hair has always been thick. Now at this point in the thread your probabley wondering why I have posted this, the answer being I would like any advice you can give to put a stop to catastrophic event.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I don't think you can stop this catastrophic event without some professional intervention which means $. My brother had unbelieveably thick hair at your age and now is almost 100% bald.

Also, it is one thing to have your receeding from the front to the back; that usually takes years. But when it starts falling from the top of the head, particularly the crown, baldness is much more rapid. Does baldness run in the males on either side of your family?

I am sure this is not what you were hoping to hear.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #3
Luther
Manshoon

I'm 24 and facing a similar problem.

There's no fighting nature. Just accept it. Baldness in itself isn't necessarily unattractive, but being self-conscious and insecure about your baldness definitely is.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #4
CONDOK
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My opinion is try shaving your head and see
if you like the natural look.Your hair will grow back.If you dont then nature will prevail.In light of the subject,i agree with Albromor.
You might need to seek professional medical help to your delima.
Just my opinion, no offense.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:24 AM   #5
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

well im not that desperate to get hair surgery or anything, but i didnt kno if there was like a shampoo or something that strengthens my hair
Old 12-14-2006, 01:02 AM   #6
vesselle
Hathor

shave it all off!
bald guys are sexy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2006, 01:30 AM   #7
Aerich
Lord Ao

If it's "natural", e.g. male pattern baldness, there's nothing you can do about it except go for the Mark Messier look, which is vastly preferable to the comb-over look. If you don't have male pattern baldness in your family, take a multi-vitamin in case you're missing something from your diet, and go see a doctor. Loss of hair can be indicative of more serious medical problems.

There's also a condition known as alopecia (rough translation: loss of hair) that is suffered by quite a few people, including NBA player Charlie Villaneuva (Milwaukee Bucks). He's bald as a billiard ball.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:00 AM   #8
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Lack of vitamins really? My illium and half of my intestines have been removed, but I get b12 shots once a month, il ask my doctor about it.
Thank you
Old 12-14-2006, 02:45 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Rogaine... but I don't know if it will help.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:45 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Nowadays noone has to be bald, all you need is some money and a good adress for implants. If i were your age, and something like that would be happening to me, that's what i'd be doing for sure. No way i'd be walking around bald at a young age.

Of course you could always listen to Vesselle's words, there's a certain truth behind them. Of course you also need to dress good, otherwise you'd be nothing like a bald bum. Grow small sideburns while your bald for that Italian look, or one of them goatees or how do you call that crap on men's chins ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 12-14-2006, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]