Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 04:34 PM   #11
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well blizzard is of excellent quality. i own every game theyve ever produced, and i think theyre all great! i play them on b.net too, and thats the only reason to ever patch a blizzard game. they make some of the best games ever, and thats why theyre so successful. they spend time on all their games, and it shows with the excellent gameplay, music, and balance.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 09-02-2001, 05:31 PM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

and that is something Bioware should learn from Blizzard, yet Bioware appearanetly hadn't

the difference between Bioware and Blizzard is like "In & Out" vs "McDonna"
Old 09-02-2001, 05:39 PM   #13
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Another thing good about Blizzard is Bnet easy to use and figure out to hop into a mulitplayer game and can get people from around the world in your games. From a person with both Diablos and Starcraft and its expantion.
Old 09-02-2001, 05:41 PM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Another thing good about Blizzard is Bnet easy to use and figure out to hop into a mulitplayer game and can get people from around the world in your games. From a person with both Diablos and Starcraft and its expantion.
that is the difference between "In & Out" and "McDonna"
Old 09-02-2001, 05:59 PM   #15
demus
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
That is one HELL of a mistaker to maker, probably THE worst bug I have EVER heard of.
Yup, I'll agree with that ) (I just don't quite understand how they could have not noticed it, I guess 'play testing' wasn't one of the more thoroughly done parts of the creating process ), and thats why I don't mind waiting for games if they are being well made and checked etc. (just don't get me started on a certain game that was about 6 years in making and very outdated and absolutely terrible when it did finally come out )
oh, and I'll be going to bed now, so Goodnight all, and I'll see what you all have said tommorrow

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame

[This message has been edited by demus (edited 09-02-2001).]
Old 09-02-2001, 11:27 PM   #16
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I'm an ardent Blizzard fan, but they really dropped the ball with Diablo 2..
the environment is all wrong! I liked D1 better..but I digress

The fact is, no MMORPG is ever released without bugs and game-stoppers or imbalancers. There are many bugs that even playtesting cannot detect because of the thousands of different possible scenarios that could play themselves out with the potential hundreds of thousands of people playing the game. It might be cleaner and run smoother than other games, but Warcraft Worlds (I think thats the name) will have its bugs and disappointments like all else.

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-03-2001, 08:59 AM   #17
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by demus:
Yup, I'll agree with that ) (I just don't quite understand how they could have not noticed it, I guess 'play testing' wasn't one of the more thoroughly done parts of the creating process )

From what I read about the testing process for B&W, it seemed that it mostly consisted of sitting around going "hey, my creature just learned to throw its own faeces, I never taught it that" kinda like a proud parent.
I could be wrong though

(Oh no, had to edit out an inappropriate apostrophe, hope Father Bronze didn't notice...)
------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 09-03-2001).]
Old 09-03-2001, 10:20 AM   #18
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
I'm an ardent Blizzard fan, but they really dropped the ball with Diablo 2..
the environment is all wrong! I liked D1 better..but I digress

The fact is, no MMORPG is ever released without bugs and game-stoppers or imbalancers. There are many bugs that even playtesting cannot detect because of the thousands of different possible scenarios that could play themselves out with the potential hundreds of thousands of people playing the game. It might be cleaner and run smoother than other games, but Warcraft Worlds (I think thats the name) will have its bugs and disappointments like all else.

Well, I suspect that we may be seeing the first MMORPG without bugs and game-stoppers in a year or two, and if there are any, I believe that they will be removed before they can have a serious impact on the game, I agree with you on the D2 thing, but even though it's the worst game they've ever made, it's still worth playing and beats at least a thousand other games without a challenge, and Epona, I think it's spelled feces, remove the "a", just telling you so that you might avoid the dreaded Grammarian Brigade.

Old 09-03-2001, 11:49 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Well, I suspect that we may be seeing the first MMORPG without bugs and game-stoppers in a year or two, and if there are any, I believe that they will be removed before they can have a serious impact on the game, I agree with you on the D2 thing, but even though it's the worst game they've ever made, it's still worth playing and beats at least a thousand other games without a challenge, and Epona, I think it's spelled feces, remove the "a", just telling you so that you might avoid the dreaded Grammarian Brigade.

Faeces is correct - I'm English. It's only Feces if you're American

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 09-03-2001, 12:40 PM   #20
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Never knew that, but faeces was never one of the words I used most , it's like honour and honor and color and colour, which ones are american and which are british?

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

"Violence is the last resort of the stupid, those who are smart use violence before it becomes their last resort"