Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-03-2001, 02:35 AM   #1
Moni

Rex's parents are avid readers and have ceiling to floor bookcases around the walls of one room and across one wall in another that are just filled with books of all kinds. They are truly astounding to behold.

We were in a bookstore today and I noticed that they sell miniature hardbacks of all kinds around the check-out counter. Lots of quotes, inspirations, etc.

I got the idea to build them a miniature (wooden) hanging bookcase and fill it with these little hardbacks...what do you think?

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-03-2001, 06:16 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Oh WOW!
That's a great idea - I know the type of books you mean.
I love books, and this would be a fantastic gift!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 09-03-2001, 08:36 AM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

I think it's a great idea, Moni! I'd luv it.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-03-2001, 09:58 AM   #4
Conan

You can do it! Materials wont be to expensive and the outcome would be great! I am starting on some regular sized book shelves for our den today. Just painted built-ins nothing fancy. What kind of saw(s) do you have Moni? I have Sears best which is ok, I just keep nice carbide blades on it. If anyone is intrested I will e-mail you some pics of past projects. Good building Moni, and have a great Labor Day everyone!

*\Conan/*

Old 09-03-2001, 10:21 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Sounds like a great gift for someone who likes books.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

"Violence is the last resort of the stupid, those who are smart use violence before it becomes their last resort"
Old 09-03-2001, 12:18 PM   #6
Moni

Thanks everyone!

Conan, you know what?! I forget what brand names of saws we own!
Mailnly because they were all new this past spring and it has been months since I have been out in the shop! I feel terrible LOL! I think Black & Decker but there might be another out there that was manufactured by someone else.
Now I'll have to go look LOL. Ah, I remember I have a planter I was painting too that needs finished. I may as well pull it out now that I have the paints and sealers to finish it.

I hope you had fun building today! I know I always love it when I get time to be creative, no matter how.

I am very interested in seeing pics of your projects! Send Away!

If this bookcase idea comes out the way I can see it in my head, I'll post a pic of it when I am done.
I'll look for tiny bookends for it too LOL!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-03-2001).]

Old 09-03-2001, 01:15 PM   #7
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Great idea for a book lover i know i have a bookcase in my Bedroom and need to get another my nightstand is cramed with books as well as the bookshelf. I tend to keep every book i read so it might become a problem some day.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:04 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I'm sure your parents will love it Moni

------------------