Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-14-2001, 06:07 AM   #1
Griffin
Welcomed New User

I missed to create the flail when I did the quest. I have all three heads but I can't get into the hold anymor. The bridge is up and the secret door doesn't show. Any clues?
Old 06-14-2001, 06:35 AM   #2
samoza
The Magister

im afraid theres no way of gettin in without cheating anymore. After the quest nalia has her family fued thingy and unless u actually get given it as a stronghold u cant get in anymore. You could cheat to get teleported inside the keep, not quite sure how thats done, im sure someone will know though
Old 06-14-2001, 06:38 AM   #3
Shrylia
Manshoon

Possible spoiler
I seem to remember gettnig back into the keep after I had done the quest...I was not 'given' the hold either. The door to the left...kind of in the cliffs???Is that not available?? Maybe I dreamt that!
Old 06-14-2001, 06:39 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Try the cheat code CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR1302")
You will be teleported to the first floor of the Keep. (if this info is correct)
Make sure you have the cheats enabled.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-14-2001, 09:18 AM   #5
Griffin
Welcomed New User

Since I such an honest person I have never cheated before.
Where do I enable cheating and where do I enter the code?

Thanks for all replys!
Old 06-14-2001, 11:20 AM   #6
skier9205
Manshoon

First, make sure you've downloaded the BG2 patch. Second, go to notepad and open up the baldur.ini file in the BG2 directory. Type Debug Mode=1 under the [Program Options] heading. Run the game and during the game hit CTRL+space and a text bar will open. Type the cheat that Melusine said and your party will be teleported in to the keep.

Note: I'm not sure about this, but after the initial quest, I accpeted the take ownership of the keep. When I went inside, everything was gone. I'm not sure if this happens when you don't accept ownership of the keep but you might just have to cheat to get the flail of ages. (I personally don't use it. There are much better weapons later in the game.)
Old 06-14-2001, 09:30 PM   #7
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Everything is gone because when the quest is completed, the game swaps in a *new* version of the keep, i.e. the 'liberated' version. So stuff that was stashed in the old 'troll-infested' version is gone.
I believe this happens also to a few other areas.
The tip seems to be to stash stuff only after the quest concerning that area has been completed.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc