Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 02-21-2002, 12:18 PM   #1
petem369
Elite Waterdeep Guard

all my characters are as high as they will go (level wise) except my two paladins, so im prety strong, iv gone down into durlags tower after completing topside and tower, and have completed all the riddles, but the fight that insues kicks my partys ass!!! any tips.
petem369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:23 PM   #2
Sir Marcus Swordseeker
Dungeon Master

How are you mage wise ? I normally put my party in a far corner fully prepped ( haste bless etc ) then just send one person to answer the riddles and back to the party. Then god willing you might win
Sir Marcus Swordseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:48 PM   #3
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

This the warder battle you're having problems with?
If so I can think of a couple of good tactics off the bat.
antonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:53 PM   #4
knoj
Dungeon Master

yeh this wasn't an easy battle for me either. but what i did was, have my three weakest players wait down a hallway so they wouldn't be engaged in the fight. then i would haste my fighter, ranger, and mage and juice them up with any relevant potions. i had a few dispel magic arrows (among others) which are very important for destroying magic force fields that the wardens invoke. my mage would use any decent spells, then nail them with any powerful wands that i had. oh and the key for me was with my fighter, he had the boots of cheetah AND was haisted! you have to try this if you haven't already. your guy will absolutely FLY!! other than that, it pretty much comes down to your own personal fighting style. good luck, there are some other pretty tough fights below too!
knoj is offline   Reply With Quote