Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-25-2004, 11:56 AM   #1
Spirits forever

well...see this came to my mind since yesterday...
i had an incident that has to be the dumbest thing i've done....yet

well this is what hapened:
my mom had just turned off the stove. as she left i went over to the stove..looked at it and saw that i looked exceptionally celan. so naturally i said "wow that looks clean," but at the same time i touched the darn stove..and yes i ended up getting burned...(no i was not drunk at the time)

who else has done very very stupid things like this....and would like to share..

Old 01-25-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Come on I stopped doing that when I was 7... [img]smile.gif[/img]

My dumbest thing I ever did was taking a five years break after graduating from college before I went to university... If I had started right away I'd be done by now... sigh
Old 01-25-2004, 01:03 PM   #3
Sythe
Ra

Dumbest thing oh yes I remember.
When I was five years old I was bringing coffee my dad made to him. I was curious so I took a sip. Not only did it taste disgusting it was hotter than I thought it would be. My hand twitched a little from surprise and I spilled the hot steaming coffee on myself. Note that I was only wearing a T-shirt and shorts. I still remember the pain.........9 years later I tasted coffee again and it tasted like crap!
Old 01-25-2004, 05:24 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Don't remember if I've posted this here before or not, but...

A few years ago, my wife's car wouldn't start one cold and wintery morning. Went outside, opened the hood, and looked. Lo and behold, I could see a spark arcing over the coil -- something another car of mine did when the coil got wet. I grabbed some WD-40, sprayed the coil, and told her to try again.

Still some spark, but less than before.

So I grabbed the can of WD-40 and sprayed again to dry the coil some more... but forgot to tell my wife to stop trying to start the car. The next arc created an instant fireball under the hood, and both of us stopped what we were doing immediately [img]smile.gif[/img]

Fortunately, I wasn't hurt, but I still maintain a good respect for fire and stuff in canisters.

This one isn't mine, but going further back, my brother's friend was staying at our house. My mom had an old fan that my grandfather had built (yes, built) some forty years ago. It was basically a motor attached to a fan blade, mounted on a piece of wood, covered with something like chicken wire, and had an electrical box with a light switch to turn it on and off. The light switch was also mounted on the piece of wood, underneath the fan.

The friend (not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer) was talking on the phone with someone when he wanted to turn off the fan. So he reached down without looking to flick the switch inside the fan enclosure.

He missed.

The fan blade didn't.

He got to go to the emergency room shortly thereafter.

He survived with no major damage, but that was his ticket out of the house. He was talking about suing us for his stupidity, so we showed him the door.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:57 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I was driving home one day and my car just stopped running. I thought, 'great, the electrical system must be shot' so I walked to a house where someone let me call for help. Had the car towed to the shop....later the shop called and said they had almost changed out several parts before one technician noted...

I was OUT OF GASOLINE! *DUH*
Old 01-25-2004, 07:23 PM   #6
Niadh
Elminster

Today I trapped my tie in the till at work, infront of a few customers. Sigh.

Or there was me leaving work one cold night, went up to my car. Tried key, wouldn't work on dirvers door. "Must be frozen shut" I think. So I try passenger door, same effect. "Damn" I think, and go to the boot. Also frozen shut. "Dang" I think, then notice the registration wasn't mine and mine was 10metres away, and not 'frozen' shut.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 01-25-2004, 08:17 PM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well i most stupid thing was just a few months ago.. i was going out somewhere with some of my mates up north from sydney and naturally need the money. So i went up the atm, input my account, checked my account, inputed the pin no, inputed the amount in my account, got my card from the atm, got my reciept for the atm and went off to the train station... only finding out later (far away later) i left my MONEY in the atm!!!! talk about STUPIDITY!! i just made someone 50 dollars richer. bah!

Catch me if you can..
Old 01-27-2004, 05:44 AM   #8
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Buying BG2. It has stolen my social life!
Old 01-27-2004, 04:26 PM   #9
quietman1920

(Hamsters ate my long post!)

So I was 17 and I was asked to move my sister & brother-in-laws car from one side of the driveway to the other while they were away to make the place look lived in. One night, I got brave & decided to take the car around the block. It was a VW Beetle, manual trans, and when I got to the light to turn left, it died. I managed to get it started & jam it into gear to turn left, but the light had turned red.

Suddenly I’m accosted by the *Whhhhhiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrr* of a police car. An elderly cop gets out to talk to me; his pretty 20-something rookie partner hangs back to observe.

“License, registration & insurance card please.” Well, the license was easy; it in my back pocket. Then I reached over to the glove box and handed him the registration. It was expired. Then I search for the insurance card…and there’s none there. Lastly, I look up trying to think of what to say, and I notice that the inspection sticker is expired.

“So, Mr QM. You seem to have a problem tonight. You turned left on red, you have an expired registration, you have no insurance card, your inspection sticker is expired, and this car seems to be titled in the name of a gentleman with a different last name than yours. Would you like to explain this?”

It was at this point that I swear that I could hear the echoes of a jail door slamming shut.

So I told him everything…Everything. I probably babbled. I know the rookie behind me was biting her knuckle to keep from laughing out loud. And he listened to it all, and with great patience I might add. And when I was done this is what he said.

“Mr. QM, I’m in a good mood tonight, so this is what I’m going to do. I’m going to give you a ticket for left on red and that will be the end of it. And if you even Think of showing up to court to fight it, I will personally give you 3 additional tickets and tear your license up on the spot. Are we clear about this?”

(I nodded, struck mute)

“Good, now get this piece of crap back into your sister’s driveway and don’t stop anywhere else along the way.”

Strangely enough, I always considered myself lucky that it wasn’t worse.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #10
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

WEEELLLLL, I was in a souped up golf cart. It had a radio, a trunk, and looked like a cadalac. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I tried to do a U-turn right in the middle of the road, and I hit a mail box. I was only like 7 when I did this too.