Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 11:25 AM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Last night I had to restart my game.

I finished the crypt, everything, so the next step I went to the Oracle in the caves. I had gone there earlier without the ring which could have caused the problem. So when I go in she starts babbling "You are the chosen one ... Yada yada yada." The passage way does not open to go to the other side, and I can't talk to her, she is at the back and her and her sisters have formed a triangle with her at the back. I can only talk to her sisters, not her without going through the fire.

This is just the result of me going to her at the start isn't it?
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

No, I don't think it is. I've gone there before gettting the ring and never had an issue. When the pass did open up, I didn't realize it at first, I had to look a little bit to see that it was actually open now.
Good luck
Old 01-29-2003, 01:16 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sometimes it is a bit hard to target the right oracle - keep moving your cursor around and look for gaps if the sisters have formed a triangle around the one you really do need to talk to. The sisters do not say "You are the choosen one" as I recall. If my memory isn't too rusty they only say things that indicate you are not talking to the correct sister. It's been a while so I might be mistaken. To get the western passage to open you have to use the correct keyword "Destiny".

Do you have a save from shortly before this point in the game that you can reload and try?

Hope you will manage to get through soon. If not, let us know, we'll find a solution!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:43 PM   #4
pritchke

You are correct Wyvern, but once you have the ring and pass that way she starts the converstion automatically. Only thing is after her speech when I try to ask her questions the sisters always say speak to my sister. The Oracle is well back into the fire for me to say anything to her. I have reloaded five or six times trying to speak with her, I have drowed once, and been burnt the other 4 so I decided to start over and it is not really a problem. There are things that I can do better, I had 3 proficiencies used in the Bow skill. Like what was I thinking? Plus it doesn't take that long to get that far again. The first time when I didn't have the ring they were in a nice line and I was able to talk to her. My only other save was somewhere in the lower part of the crypt.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:36 AM   #5
pritchke

It is all good now! I am through the caves after restarting I avoided The Oracles until the very last minute.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:39 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

HURRAH!!!

Glad everything is going well now!! There are advantages to starting over and it used to be my "rule of thumb" (that does that mean and where did that expression come from??) that I would start a game, play well into the first section just to start over having learned a thing or two in the process. That first part is a breeze after having played it once.

So now you are on to Ishad N'hahahaha! Have fun there! and do keep us posted on how your game is going!

Wyv
Old 01-31-2003, 11:05 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
"rule of thumb" (that does that mean and where did that expression come from??)
From Why Do we Say It?, a book on the origin of expressions I have, it comes from an ability to make rough measurements. The first joint on an average thumb is apparently around an inch long. A foot was once the length of a foot, a hand the span of a hand, an "ell" the distance between your elbows with your arms outstretched, and a fathom the length of your arms outstretched. We still measure drinks in fingers sometimes -- give me four fingers of whiskey.

There's also some internet folklore that it dates back to some time in England, where you were allowed to beat your wife with a branch no larger in diameter than your thumb. I believe that one has been debunked as wishful thinking by some less-informed members of society....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote