Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-16-2001, 06:56 PM   #1
Moni

I sent you a couple of screen shots of what was wanting to be downloaded from that one thread. I don't think you can really TELL what it is.

If you want, I can download it and send it to you...I am going to have to reformat and set everything up again soon anyway since AOL can't keep its employees out of its members systems.
Had a bad morning with some no-life loser and now I can't even get on Netscape without allowing THEM to be here with me.

(Insert Expletives Here)

: )
Moni
Old 03-16-2001, 07:57 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I have no idea why the board should have triggered this going off (having looked at the screenshots you sent me). Off hand I would say that you have some "Spyware" on your machine - I've sent you the url for a really good prog to remove it (the prog is free).

Let me know if it helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 09:18 PM   #3
Moni

Thank you, Wyv!
I use Optout regularly and it says there is no spyware here but perhaps it missed something.

The prompt to download has happened before but only when I was "sharing" my system. Normally, signing off and unhooking the PC from the phone line for a few has worked but it is persistent with that one thread. ?

C'est la vie

: )
Moni
Old 03-16-2001, 09:20 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well get that other prog a try and see what it finds.

How are you "sharing" your system? Or is this an AOL thing? (if it is, I don't want to know! )

Wyv
Old 03-16-2001, 09:29 PM   #5
Moni

Its an AOL thing...AOL can't or won't control it.

"Not all members accounts have been compromised,just a small percentage and AOL is doing everything they can to correct the problem".

It started over a year ago. The estimated number of accounts hacked into by AOL employees has reached into the thousands which is why they can say "small percentage" and be telling the truth.

We can't even talk to AOL security without hiring a lawyer first!!!
I love it how the customer is NOT AT ALL right in some companies.
It's not my account or I would be using something else as of last year when it started.

Well there! LOL! Now you "don't know"!

; )
Moni
Old 03-17-2001, 09:33 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Grin - it pretty much was the "don't want to know" that I thought it would be! I've never liked AOL. I was willing to be objective over them until I found a signup CD in my son's cereal box and was given another on a plane along with the pretzels.
Hope you can get yourself FREE of them soon!

Wyv
Old 03-17-2001, 09:48 AM   #7
Moni

LMAO Woman!

I don't buy "kids cereal" so I have missed out on such a "PRIZE"!

Next time I fly, if they offer me AOL with pretzels, I'll order alot of drinks instead and NOT ask for an air sickness bag!

Man O Man!

Thanks for your hopes for me and my future in FREEDOM! I am one to well know why they call it AOHELL!

; )
Moni