Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2000, 11:19 AM   #1
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Now i want to take a monk as main char, so i have a few questions about him.
1. At lv 7 he has only 13 thac0, is it getting better when leveling up? And then how? Every new level -1 like a fighter or how?
2. Is the monk using thiefs roll when getting hit points at lv up? Be cause i cant understand why he has only a few hit points... And how is it then from lv 9 on? Always 1 or 2 hit points?
I want to use my monk as a frontline fighter, and if he has only a few hit points maybe this isnt a good idea...
3. You know any monk specific items, i shall search for it?

Plz answer, you all, who have experience with the monk. Thx!
Old 12-13-2000, 11:27 AM   #2
Ronn

Monk's THACO and hit points are like a clerics. They get many more attacks. I'm 20th level and now I hit 4 times per round! They aren't necessarily the best character to lead your list immediately, but my AC now is -9. Make sure you have an 18 DEX for the additional AC bonus.

Monk's RULE

Old 12-13-2000, 11:34 AM   #3
Arachnia Vandriel

For Monks put as many slots in Scimitar and single weapon style as you can (it wont be many though) and then buy the Ninja To of the Scarlet Brotherhood from Joluv in the Copper Coronet (if you have the extra shopkeepers that is)

This will give you extra attacks from the weapon, and a better AC with the weapon style (plus the weapon rocks as well)

ps, dont monks use the fighter thaco and saving throws, with the cleric hitpoints??

Old 12-13-2000, 11:34 AM   #4
Kaël

Monks are like bard a luxery class take them if you have a space open or if you heve played the game already