Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I'm in need of help...!

What stats should a Beserker have... (Weapon Profinicies,Stats ect)

And what for weapons should I use? (I have Item.Upgr. Installed)

I'm now in the BG II Char. creator screen...

Thx for the help..!

Old 02-28-2003, 11:57 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

A sample cookie-cutter Human Berserker...

STR: 18/~~
CON: 18
DEX: 18
INT: 11
WIS: 10
CHA: 08

Grandmaster in Flails and Axes. Feel free to place the rest of your proficiencies anywhere.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:00 PM   #3
Brennihelvete

I would make him like this:
Half orcish berserker:
19 Str
18 Con
18 Dex
10 Int
10 Wis
10 Cha

This is a roll of 85

I would Put profiency points into war hammers and flails and dual wield.
Flail of ages + 5 and Crom Fayer is my favourite combo, but im sure other ppl on this forum has other favorites as well.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:15 PM   #4
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, one could try role playing a bit... You know, this being a RPG and all....

Traditional Berserkers wore either very little or nothing at all. Painted in woad, foaming at the mouth, their hair plastered with lyme to give it that frightning bluish white spikey look, a Berserker was a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

Celtic Berserkers usually favoured sword and shield, using bastard swords, long swords, or perhaps claymores. Their sword, along with a large round wooden shield, was usually all they had in the world.

Norse Berserkers favoured axes or blunt bludgeoning weapons. The hammer. The flanged reinforced mace. Pollaxes. And yes, that's spelled right, pollaxes, not pole axes. Totally different weapon. There were also the Haus Carles (Not sure if I spelled that right actually) that carried the famed bearded axe. Berserkers on a budget carried spears.

Above all, a Berserker should be CRAZY! And going into battle mostly naked will prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I always had this crazy idea... ...

Quietly brooding, Killum caressed the bars of his cage. He had been imprisoned by some mean scarred Mage, and he plotted ways to torture the Mage in his mind. Torture the Mage the same way the Mage had tortured the others, except Killum knew more ways to torture than what the amateur Mage demostrated. All he needed was to escape and get his knives... ...

Ah yes, his knives. Gnashing his teeth in silent anger, Killum recalled what the Mage had done with his knives. Disregarding Killum's threats of painful dismemberment and evisceration, the Mage did the unthinkable.

The Mage had used Killum's favourite butterknife... to spread MARGARINE, right in front of Killum's face. Killum had screamed in rage and hurled every vulgarity he knew at the Mage, but the Mage simply laughed and continued to desecrate the butterknife, spreading layers and layers of margarine upon freshly toasted bread, eating them slowly on purpose and even offered some to Killum mockingly.

Killum did not sleep on that day... his mind was aflamed with anguish over the foulness that had fallen upon his butterknife. Given to him on the very day he was born, he had a great many adventures with it. He still remembered his first kill, it was a Myconid who had interrupted his picnic, and it was with the butterknife that he had killed it with. Killum swore that when he gets out of his cage, he was going to exorcise his butterknive by cutting a thousand sticks of butter with it, because if it is not butter, it is rubbish( Killum swore by that philosophy), and cleanse its' blade with the blood of the Mage. Woe to those who dared to try to make him do otherwise.

Oh yes... blood will spill... blood will spill... ...

It was then that Killum noticed a girl walking towards his cage. Perchance at last... his opportunity had come.

Chaotic Evil Dwarf Berserker

STR: 15
CON: 19
DEX: 17
INT: 10
WIS: 10
CHA: 08

Grandmaster in Daggers and dual-wield them.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:55 PM   #6
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hmmm judging from how he seems in the story, I would think that Chaotic Neutral would be a better fitting alignment, but, that's just me. That Dwarf is not evil, he is a lunatic!
Old 02-28-2003, 01:12 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Chaotic Neutral was my second choice, but I was not sure whether I planned for him to be crazy or not. He is basically going to go out there and stab people to vent his anger, and his motivation is revenge.

"Where's the Mage? WHERE'S THE MAGE! I'm going to make him a bloody Mage!"
Old 02-28-2003, 01:22 PM   #8
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

I keep entertaining the idea of taking a Dwarven or Halfling Berserker and getting grand mastery in Halbreds and two handed swords...

Something about a stocky little midget charging somebody with a 10 foot long pole arm that makes me giggle with glee. "Allow me to use my pole axe and turn you into a pole ass!" would be his battlecry. Try and make sure he stays in a constant drunken stupor by visiting every inn I can and getting him pasted.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:29 PM   #9
Brennihelvete

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfingers:
Haus Carles (Not sure if I spelled that right actually)
Huskarls [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2003, 01:33 PM   #10
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thank you. Funky Norse spellings often give me trouble.