Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-28-2000, 02:02 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Im not sure bout this... Ive created my own weapons, so only my NPCs can strut this stuffs... Im planning on having Keldorn... so m not so sure... will it be the vorpal or the carsomyr?

Opinions please
Old 12-28-2000, 02:49 AM   #2
Armisael

The only good reason to have Keldorn in your party is so he can equip the holy avenger. His stats are certainly nothing to write home about and the cavalier beats the inquisitor hands down.

Old 12-28-2000, 04:11 AM   #3
Worm
The Magister

You have minsc right? Just give him the vorpal even though he won't be very good with it he can still rip up with it and you can't just let the holy avenger rot can you?
Old 12-28-2000, 06:55 AM   #4
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Keldorn is not so good cause his 17 str, so you have to give him 18+ str items. Then he will rock cause his true sight and dispell magic abilities. These are like 6 spells youre mages dont have to memorize. And believe me these 2 spells i really used a lot during the game. HA or vorpal? A good question. I personally always used HA, until i found the vorpal one Its much better i think. SO use HA(you got it really early in the game) until you find vorpal. Then have both equiped. When you see a mage, the switch in order to boost your magic resistence, else you can use only the vorpal. Unfortunately you get it very late in the game
Old 12-28-2000, 07:04 AM   #5
Armisael

You can always just get a cleric to memorize those spells.
And don't feel you have to use the holy avenger. Or Keldorn, come to that. Personally I'd take Korgan with the rifthome +3 or Jaheira with the spear of impaling any day.

Old 12-28-2000, 10:23 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yeah you can say that... How bout stat wise... which is stronger?
Old 12-28-2000, 01:27 PM   #7
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You cant say which is sronger. You can only decide which one is more efficient in special cases. HA is good on defence cause magic resist and attack cause -5thac0, vorpal has no defence effect and only -3thac0, BUT it rocks when you hit a enemy only one time, and he is instantly dead, cause his rescue throw failed
Old 12-28-2000, 09:08 PM   #8
The.Relic
Red Dragon

You all know I am a staunch adherant to the Vorpal blade.
It has a 15% chance each hit that the target must make a save vs. death at a -4 penalty. Failure is instant death.
Perhaps it is because I play a pure Kensai, and his awesome attack bonuses, but I score a heck of alot of instant kills.
Firkraag died 1st hit, Shadow Dragon died 2nd hit, stone golem, adamantium golem, Illithid, beholders, no problem.
VORPAL BLADE! ! ! ! !
Old 12-29-2000, 02:09 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I would take the Vorpal over the HA. I really do think that the HA is overrated, there are better weapons in the game. Only problem is you only have 2 chapters to use it. But if you are planning on getting Keldorn then go for the HA, because he's the only one who can use it anyway. He's better off with gaunts of dex because they really make an impact on his AC.

So Bahamut you learned to create items already? Good stuff!