Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-22-2002, 07:00 PM   #11
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:

Iron_Ranger; I think he spells Irak because that's Iraq in Estonian. It's the same in Slovene - we call it Irak. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yeah but wear talking English, and he claims to be such a great english speaker he should know.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-22-2002, 07:50 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Like other countries do not have spelling errors???

You must be joking to pull the old "America can't spell" thing.

I lived in Mexico for two years, and if you want to see a country that cannot spell their own words, look there first.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:59 PM   #13
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:

Iron_Ranger; I think he spells Irak because that's Iraq in Estonian. It's the same in Slovene - we call it Irak. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yeah but wear talking English, and he claims to be such a great english speaker he should know.[/QUOTE]Iron Ranger , We WEAR jeans , If you're going to pull other people up on their English get your own house in order first. Also capital E in England please.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:03 PM   #14
The.Relic
Red Dragon

While I have no experience with it, I have been told that Chinese is the hardest lanquage to learn if you are not native to it. Mr. Ong should be able to shed light on this if he would be so kind.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:09 PM   #15
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, cool it with the "grammar police". That's so cliche' it's not funny, not to mention rude.

Uss, that was a rather insensitive post you made. Are you SURE you meant to say that you aren't fond of Americans (PEOPLE) rather than America (COUNTRY or GOVERNMENT)?

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-22-2002, 09:18 PM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL Saz "grammar police"! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] But you have to admit it is funny that Uss posts about people who can't speak English when he has so many typos LOL! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Sorry I'm in a good mood tonight, everything is amusing me LOL

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-22-2002, 09:20 PM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
LOL Saz "grammar police"! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] But you have to admit it is funny that Uss posts about people who can't speak English when he has so many typos LOL! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Sorry I'm in a good mood tonight, everything is amusing me LOL
Everything ?
Old 08-23-2002, 01:05 AM   #18
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Everything ?

Loaded Question Alert!

The.Relic,
You are absolutely right! I had completely forgotten Chinese! So many dialects with intonations that mean something different sepending on what region you are speaking it in! I actually learned a few phrases in Chinese some time ago but at the moment, they have all escaped me. I don't remember forgetting them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-23-2002, 01:35 AM   #19
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

You know, all the fuss about uss post has been about the grammar and no know has said anything about his first sentence, witch strikes me as odd, because if I wear to say " I am not very fond Eroupeans" I would be jumped all on as very quickly for being 'aroggant'. Strang how that works eh?
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-23-2002, 03:05 AM   #20
Moni

Saz did ask for some clarification. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Why all of a sudden is uss not allowed to dislike America or Americans (whichever he meant)? No one else seems to be getting such a hard time for it and last I heard, everyone was entitled to their own opinion.