Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2000, 05:54 PM   #1
ManMountain

I just have to say this before I get to the point heh - What a kickass game !! My god its Eye of the Beholder crossed with Ultima Underworld ..... awesome stuff

Anyhow - here is my prob. I have reached the 2nd village - Ishad N'ha - and can access all the buildings (pawn shop, magic shop(woo hoo) etc) - but once I am ready to leave the village I cant exit through the left or right gate. Any ideas as to why this is happening ? Appreciated

Old 10-06-2000, 08:15 PM   #2
Vermithrax

What exactly is happening? Does it crash? Do you get an error msg? You have to be more specific for us to help ya.

V.

Old 10-07-2000, 03:52 AM   #3
ManMountain

I have a P2 450 - 256 meg ram - TNT32 meg (using detonator version 6.31) - all on windows 2000 with service pack 1 installed.

No other tasks are running - entire machine resources are dedicated to the game. Running in either D3D or in software mode in the game the following happens.

When I go to the town - I can scroll left and right to view all the different buildings.
As you pass the mouse over an active builidng it usually highlights and gives a description @ the bottom of the screen. The exit gates to the west and east of the town are not highlighting. When I move the mouse over them it does not highlight and it does not give a description.

It does not crash - there are no error msgs - I just cannot exit the village.

Which sadly means that I cannot continue my game - unless I send someone running 98 my saved game - but I'd have to do that every time I accessed the town - so sod that.

I have given up and am about to reinstall that joke of an o/s win 98.

Thanks anyhow. I just wondered if anyone had had a similiar problem or perhaps knew a solution.

Old 10-07-2000, 09:30 AM   #4
Vermithrax

Now these questions may sound dumb, but bear with me please. Did you walk to the town or just click on the icon from the first town' screen? If you walked there, did you leave your party in the Inn, exit and try to leave town without them? I know, basic, but I've made some of these errors myself. Ig your party is intact in town and you can't leave, then I guess you're stuck.

V.

Old 10-08-2000, 07:07 PM   #5
John

There are a lot of bugs with a windows 2000 system that may be the problem

Old 10-09-2000, 06:40 AM   #6
ManMountain

Hey John - for a moment there I thought you where suggesting that there are more bugs in a windows 2000 o/s than in a win 98/me - roflmao - least you gave me an afternoon chuckle

Anyhow - I stuck 98 se on (I shiver @ the thought) - so I am dual booting again with 98 and 2k - thankfully - my saved games in 2k loaded up fine in 98 - but in 98 the said bug that started this thread is gone ! woo hoo...

Took a while though to get used to the crash a minute/non multitasking environment/slower d3d/ that is windows 98. Please please lets hope they release a win2k update patch for w&w.

Damn those mantraps are tough to beat...

Thanks ppl for @ least replying to my query.

Old 10-09-2000, 01:58 PM   #7
Sandman
Welcomed New User

The town mouse-over syndrome seems to be the only "bug" for me in this game under 2k. Otherwise the game is far more stable for me compared to win9x. Manmountain, please go chime in at heuristicpark.com's message board if you haven't already done so, and let them know you'd appreciate this issue being addressed even though it's not an officially supported OS.

Adam
Old 10-09-2000, 08:16 PM   #8
warmonger3

SE sucks, I use 98 first edition. I have little problems, or crashes. I am also running an old 8 meg Rage pro, and playing Everquest with A p2 350. Most games will run crappy on windows 2000, at least until it is supported better. A bane on Microsoft for not fixing bugs in the old OS's before they release new ones! Just my 2 gold pieces.
Note: Norton's Utilities will fix plenty of problems with Windows.

Old 10-11-2000, 08:47 PM   #9
rangerzx

I'm running the game on win ME w/no problems so far ; other then its very dark even w/gamma maxed