Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2001, 08:57 AM   #11
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When I was able to really help someone. Of course, then I went on vacation for a few weeks and felt newbie-ish all over again when I finally returned.
Old 02-03-2001, 10:53 AM   #12
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

When I finished the game and was able to help someone else. I got this really giddy feeling thinking -- "Oooh I know the answer to that one . . . (type, type, type really fast) . . . Cool!"

I also felt "recognized" when Rikard and I had a polite discussion over signatures. It was nice to know that my opinion was heard and that the ensuing discussions were so pleasant.

Oh, and I can't forget the moment when I figured out how to do and when it was revealed to me what LOL means. I'm still trying to figure out BTW though -- so I guess I still have my Newbie moments.
Old 02-03-2001, 10:56 AM   #13
fighter-thief

BTW=by the way

Old 02-03-2001, 11:01 AM   #14
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Ahh . . . It's all clear to me now . . .
Old 02-03-2001, 11:06 AM   #15
fighter-thief

my life is but to serve my'lord anything else, you have but to ask

Old 02-03-2001, 11:16 AM   #16
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I guess I stopped feeling like a newbie when I asked a question about adamantite golems and got LOTS of help. Now I try to help when I can, although I find that the question has been already answered most of the time so I enjoy making an idiot of myself on the off-topic things. BTW, if someone hasnt gone to Charlies Store, stuff is selling fast. You gotta go! I'm still laughing
Old 02-03-2001, 11:32 AM   #17
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Just today I am starting to feel "not" like a newbie (how exactly would you phrase that? ) I just visited Charlies Store of Complete Shite and found a reply for my inquiry into the light gem and golem building book. I am starting to feel at home here on this forum. Sometimes I feel like I need to post and post and post to get my name out there and be recognized, but often I feel myself just reading and enjoying and throwing in bits of worthless rabble once in awhile. Thanks everyone for making myself feel welcome and for making this a great place to call my home away from home! )
Old 02-03-2001, 01:24 PM   #18
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi, Suul-Yinn !

Where were you ? We missed you, mate !!!

Especially since I had finally manage to spell your pseudo right ...
Old 02-03-2001, 02:02 PM   #19
Suul-Yinn

Hi Moiraine, missed you all too!!! See my post for a feeble excuse! I have also changed branch recently, so I was busy finishing off all the loose ends and it was sale time. Playing and finishing Deus Ex also ate into my free time, but since I've moved, my travel time to work has been reduced by an hour so I can spend more time with my friends. I have a LOT of catching up to do it seems. So many new members! God this game is big.
Chat to you again soon as I am taking my wife out for a meal to-night.

Old 02-03-2001, 02:26 PM   #20
Jon the Hell Caster

Ah......... this goes back for a long time but basicly when the first "To Jon the Hell Caster" topic came out. ( The second was a complain about how a kit at www.gis.net/~yos wasn't working)