Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-22-2001, 12:10 PM   #1
Caine
Elminster

I downloaded the darkest day and ran the installation program,on verifiying installer at 99% the instalation gives me an error like this "Installer CRC Invalid", PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL THIS MEANS,I DOWNLOADED THE DARKEST DAY THREE TIMES FOR THE SAME ERROR,I have the official patch and dont even have Throne of baal installed,JUST PLEASE HELP,IF ANYONE CAN THERE WILL BE A REWARD,I'M DESPERATE IF THERE WAS ANY TIME I WANTED HELP ITS NOW!!!!!!!!.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:25 PM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Go over to http://www.teambg.net/tdd and ask for help at the forum over there. They will certainly be able to help you out...

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:30 PM   #3
Caine
Elminster

Thank you very very much I will go there,but if anyone else on this forum knows what to do please let me know,AGAIN THANKS
Old 10-22-2001, 12:57 PM   #4
Caine
Elminster

Damn It seems I need Hey, here's my problem:

The installer goes through it's verification, gets to 99% and gives me a message that says "Installer CRC Invalid". I've downloaded twice, Once from 3ddownloads with CuteFTP and once from File Planet with Download Accelerator and had the exact same problem both times.

Ken Said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We can do nothing about this...it has to be corrupt data that happened during download or the files on the servers (some) are corrupted...but I doubt that as we have only had a very few ppl (like 3 or 4) say this.

This type of thing is (unfortunately) common with LARGE file downloads.

Try contacting FilePlanet and 3DDownloads with as much information as you can provide...the link/server you used for instance.

So has anyone got other advice

Old 10-22-2001, 01:06 PM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

Have you tried downloading the game from a different server? Or tried a different download manager?

------------------
Not a member of any clan and is cool with that.
Talk about anything you want at The Elysium.
For online roleplaying, check The Elysium Gaming Project.
Old 10-22-2001, 01:10 PM   #6
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

if you go through fileplanet, you can get it sent to you on a disk. just a thought. i dled it, and when i went to play it, it had a problem with a sound file, so it wouldnt run. i didnt uninstall bg2 though. that might have been it.

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 10-22-2001, 01:17 PM   #7
Caine
Elminster

From three different servers and I used Download Accelerator plus this is so fun. Also thank you people for your replies and please help some more
Old 10-22-2001, 03:10 PM   #8
Caine
Elminster

Ok Forget about helping me I'm downloading it again thanks for your comments