Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2001, 12:06 AM   #1
Armisael

Not sure about the flayer door. Try using knock on it. Summon anything, doesn't have to be an animal, and walk it over to the base of that statue's feet. It'll disappear and five or so unfriendly blokes will appear. And nope, no need to do the Drow thing to finish these parts. You might want to hazard a shot at the beholder lair, too, though. God help you.

Old 01-19-2001, 12:23 AM   #2
dentar

hello,
I think you just need to have a mind flayer in youre party and then open the door like it was an unlocked door. I believe that's the way I did it. Maybe you got a Ullithid instead of a mindflayer. It won't work with them. there are only two doors that need a mindflayer all the rest can be lockpicked
You need the serum to awake the prisoners in the south east area but you should already know that since you got the circlets

Old 01-19-2001, 12:28 AM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

Cheers Armisael.

I did summon a couple of wolves at the base of the statue.....errmm, I sacrificed em myself...stone dead. There's the problem methinks, thanks.

The beholders....I sent my main man in on his todd (alone) with a reflection cloak. He stood in the room picking his nose and scratching his nuts while the beholders wasted themselves with lightning bolts that bounced back on them...great to watch, they almost looked bemused by it all.....not for long tho'.

Knock, never thought of or used that before, it's worth a shot.

Dentar, sorry your post wasn't up. Never thought of that either, I think you may have hit the nail on the head, thanks.

Cheers again guys.
Old 01-19-2001, 11:56 AM   #4
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi.

I'm at the map with the Duergar and the Drow city gates etc.

I've been in and done the Mind Flayer section but there is still a door or two I can't open. I had to turn my bloke into the Slayer to open the door to the brain even though I had a Mind Flayer in my party. I've been in and knocked him about a bit, well till I killed him infact. Upon his departure I was told that all doors were now open, anyway I freed the slaves and the Gilthyankil or whatever they're called. I then left and done the Kao Toa bit, done the tadpoles and killed the Drow by the main door but still can't enter it. I searched and found the statues but have no animal sacrifice to give it (do you put it at the feet or on the shelves opposite?).

Anyway, because I was stuck I went back to the Mind Flayer bit to see if I've missed anything. Lo & behold I've missed a door. Again, with my last bracelet or necklace I've got another M.Flayer... still can't open the door. I can't direct the Flayer singularly to open the door, nor can I pick it or enter it as the Slayer.

I'm proper stuck now, have been for donkeys. How do I use a Flayer to open the door? Are there any items in the Flayer bit that I should pick up?.....I have some serum and the protection fluid.

The Kao Tao bit...what is the sacrifice & where do I find it. The Prince and his firm have been despatched.

Do I need to do the Drow City & then return to finish these sections?.....I know I have to for Adalon but I was hoping to finish everything else bar Adalons quest.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.