Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-17-2001, 07:28 PM   #1
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

I never had here, but i intend to. you see, i have a good party and i need a pure mage, but since Edwin is bad, than i chose Nalia (don't want imoen, too late in game). Nalia only has 5000 exp wasted into theif skills, and thats not a lot.

Does Nalia suck for some reason? or is it because you don't like her?
Old 10-17-2001, 07:33 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Well, she's ****ing annoying and her thief skills are useless since they don't get any higher so you might as well get Edwin, get Jan if you need a thief, Edwin if you need a mage and Aerie if you just need some pure spellcasting power.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:55 PM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

yeah, she's an annoying twit. But she is the only non-evil non-multi mage. I don't know what to suggest because I always play a mage myself. I try to keep as many spellcasters as I can (with a couple of tanks for muscle), but I never need Nalia as I'm always a pure mage.
Old 10-17-2001, 08:08 PM   #4
Burrtoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I like Nalia, her personality doesn't bother me at all. I even like having her in the party because she gets the high level mage spells faster than Jan or Aerie. She's the third best mage NPC in the game IMO, Edwin being the best, followed by Imoen. Since Edwin is evil, and you don't get Imoen for a while, she's worth having in a good aligned party. I usually keep her AI set on ranged attack and use a short bow.

Oh yeah, her "For the needy!" battle cry cracks me up. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

The Toe

PS - My reasoning for ranking her above Jan and Aerie is because they are multi-class and peak late in the game, they average less hit points than she does, Jan can't cast necromancy spells, and Aerie is near worthless when not using magic (I don't rely on magic that much).
Old 10-17-2001, 10:22 PM   #5
Anthem
Dungeon Master

I lIke Nalia as well. But she has a lot of "mini quests" and ismprone to leaving the party if they are not fufilled quickily. She abandoned me in the Planar Sphere....left me to tackle demons without her casting ability!
Old 10-17-2001, 11:48 PM   #6
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I like Nalia a lot, I always end
up taking her (not for her thief abilities)
but for her spell casting. She seems to
always be able to copy spells into
her book unlike Imoen. Also I like all
the mini quests you have with Nalia
because the means more EXPERIENCE!!!
Old 10-21-2001, 11:15 AM   #7
Kitty
Manshoon

If your PC is not a mage and you have a good-aligned party, I see no reason in not taking her. Her thief skills are crappy of course, but her mage powers are what make her good. She is dual-classed, which means she doesn't split experience points, and she can cast up to level 8 spells in SoA.
Imoen would be better, but when she's rescued, she's way behind in levels when compared to Nalia. However, her thieving abilities are OK - she has about 90% in find traps and open locks, the most important skills in my opinion.
Old 10-21-2001, 11:18 AM   #8
Byronas

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Well, she's ****ing annoying and her thief skills are useless since they don't get any higher so you might as well get Edwin, get Jan if you need a thief, Edwin if you need a mage and Aerie if you just need some pure spellcasting power.
I agree with Neb.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.