Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-09-2001, 10:40 AM   #1
daeomer
Manshoon

It seems that everyone tends to use characters like Minsc, Jaheira and Aerie
etc. Does anyone every use Mazzy, Haer'Dalis, Cernd, Valygar or Keldorn as part of their 'main' party (not just switching them in for their quests!)?
Nobody seems to talk about these characters. Just curious.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:41 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Haer'Dalis and Cernd suck, so noone uses them, some people use Valygar and Keldorn because they rock, I've never used Mazzy because she joins you so late in the game, but she looks like a cool character.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:43 AM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I like Keldorn a lot, and always
end up taking him, I guess I should
play a paladin.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:44 AM   #4
Tilien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Keldorn, pretty much every time (invaluable NPC in my opinion), and Valygar quite often as well

The others I've tried at different times, but I can't say that I found any of them particularly appealing. If I want to play a bard, I'll play one myself. Mazzy isn't too great, and I prefer Jah as a druid to Cernd.

Each to their own

------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein
Old 10-09-2001, 10:51 AM   #5
StarVid
Elminster

Cernd is good fodder. Jah is a better druid AND lover.

Aerie is a good 1/2 cleric 1/2 mage but not meant as a sub for either class.

Valygar annoys me, besides I already have a good Ranger, Minsc.

Haer'Dalis is a freak too. I don't know what a tiefling is, but I don't trust them anyway.

Mazzy, I've never even found her (though I've yet to pass chapter 3 so...) but she joins too late for me to customize her skills anyway.

Keldorn is really good. I've used him a lot of time before restarting (I'm a chronic restarter), and I try to fit him in if i can.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:12 AM   #6
dulouz
Manshoon

Mazzy joins too late? Are you kidding me? Jeebus, she's ussually the second person i add after Jaheira, Minsc and Yoshimo... in chapter 2 by the way. And she absolutely rocks the house. She is amazing with a bow and arrow, and pretty good with a short sword. She has good hp and can have a very high armor class pretty quickly. Her and Minsc are my primary fighters. She really becomes great as she gains levels. Find her. Utilize her.

Also, Valygar. This is my second time through and i have kept him in the party. He is dual weilding katanas. Celestial Fury and his Family Blade. He's also wearing boots of speed now. He was a freak in the underdark with Drow Plate armor. Running around mangling people with his two katanas.

I used Keldorn in my first time through. He's damn good. Almost too good, so I am not using him this time through. I let him in the party just for the unseeing eye quest. then buh bye.

Anyone who says Mazzy isn't very good, hasn't used her enough or used her in the right way. I seriously sugest finding her early and keeping her. After all, the quest you find her in isn't all that hard.

Dulouz.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:16 AM   #7
dulouz
Manshoon

Oh yeah, and Haer'dalis. He is a very cool character. Just not too easy to use. I think if i play through a 3rd time i'm gonna keep him in. I'll play a party of unwanteds...

me.. some kind of derelect. maybe pure theif. or ranger... i like rangers.
vicona
cernd
haer'dalis
jan ... he's pretty odd. i can imagine the conversations with haer'dalis
and maybe that evil dwarf thats getting drunk in the copper coronet.
Old 10-09-2001, 01:06 PM   #8
Haladar
Dungeon Master

If I wasnt a paladin myself i would use Keldorn, He is amazing. Mazzy is good and so is Vlaygar but for some reason that i havent figured out i really hit him.
In agreement with every1 else, Cernd and Haerdalis suck

---------------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Old 10-09-2001, 02:17 PM   #9
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

I use Keldorn in almost every game and even when I play paladin my self

------------------
Bronze Cavalier of ALSB, symbol and protector of goodness

May light illuminate u all
Old 10-17-2001, 06:56 AM   #10
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

keldorns just the daddy you've got to have him in. although i find cernd to be a pain in the arse!