Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-30-2001, 07:12 PM   #1
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I'm in the Umar Hills (how do u pronounce that ) and i'm in Valygar's cabin and i'm wondering whether to get him instead of Keldorn. I saved it just before to try him. Both Valygar and Keldorn are on level 9 and they both hav their pro's & cons.

Keldorn
+ Uses that kewl Redeemer fire sword
+ More hit points
- No resistants

Valygar
+ Uses that kewl sword +1 which draws more blood
+ Has 3 resistants
- Less hit points

Can someone suggest which 1 is better in the long run...Thanx

-GokuZool-

[This message has been edited by GokuZool (edited 09-30-2001).]
Old 09-30-2001, 07:16 PM   #2
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Depends on your party. Keldorn is going to end up wanting to go back to his family, so keep that in mind. Valygar might be the better pick because that opens the planar sphere... And if you just *happen* to kill him you could deliver the body to the Cowled Wizards for a prize! YAY!

------------------
"Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by killing all those who opposed them."

KFA's official vice president of marketing.

On a righteous quest to destroy all electric resistant teddy bears in Fearun.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:26 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Also, take in mind that Keldorn's armor is the only armor that a Monk PC can wear.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:28 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Long term (without spoiling here) keldorn is the only npc in the game that can use one of the very best weapons in the game. Also his true sight and dispel abilities are fantastic(later in the game that true sight will be VERY useful). To me its an easy choice. Now if you don't want to play with a goody goody paladin then maybe thats a factor. Otherwise keldorn is much more useful.
Old 10-01-2001, 12:16 AM   #5
GokuZool
Lord Ao

But what about Valygar's armour..it protects him from 3 things..fire,spells and something else.....coz i kinda wanna make a tally to see who's better..Thanx

-GokuZool-

[This message has been edited by GokuZool (edited 10-01-2001).]
Old 10-01-2001, 04:04 AM   #6
GokuZool
Lord Ao

At the momemnt it's..... Keldorn--1 Valygar--0

-GokuZool-
Old 10-01-2001, 06:31 AM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

If you have Mazzy in your party you should definatly take Valygar!
Otherwise, Keldorn is the better choice.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Old 10-01-2001, 06:49 AM   #8
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

Keldorn
Old 10-01-2001, 06:53 AM   #9
Darkness555
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know if it depends on you having Valygar in your party or not, but if it does and you are a Mage character then it is better to pick Valygar because you will get to take over the Planar Sphere and use it as a stronghold. If you can get to the sphere without Valygar then I dunno. Personal preference I think.
Old 10-01-2001, 07:31 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

NPC, Planar Sphere Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I will go with Keldorn.

You want to party in the Planar Sphere? Kill Valgar and haul his carcass to the entrance of the Planar Sphere, click on the door and it will open if his body is in your inventory.

Keldorn armour is pretty nifty, 0 AC and grants Free Action, also, you can always give him better armour as you go through the game. Keldorn can also wield the Holy Avenger, granting him 50% Magic Resistance, among several other advantages.

Note though! If you do choose Keldorn, remember to give him the Gauntlets of Dexterity too.

Party interaction wise, Keldorn is much better in my opinion, unless you have Mazzy.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart