Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-02-2001, 03:19 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm playing through BGII for the first time. My party right now consists of:

Cerek (my character) Wizard Slayer
Minsc
Yoshimo
Jaheira
Aerie
Nalia

I will be finishing the de'Arnise Keep quest very soon. I was planning on traveling to Umar Hills next and getting Valygar in the party. I had Keldorn in the party long enough to do his family quest, and I'm thinking of picking him up again.

So, here is my question - given the party I have now, who should I add and who should I let go for the best results.
Minsc has chosen Aerie as his "new witch"(so I assume that both will go if I get rid of one) and I've chosen Jaheira as my romantic interest.

I definitely want to add Valygar, but I'm also interested in Keldorn (and Corsymar)and Imoen. Is it necessary that Imoed re-join the party?

Please let me know your thoughts on these characters strengths and weaknesses. Thanks for your time.

Barbarian Magic Missile - Toss a wizard at the closest monster. Either way, something good is bound to happen.
Old 11-02-2001, 03:20 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Drop Nalia and pick up Jan, he's a better thief than she is.
Old 11-02-2001, 03:27 PM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I tend to agree. Kick Nalia out and pick up Valygar if you want to. Later you can boot him and either get Jan or Imoen. Jan is better though.

------------------
JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves

Forest runner and first gnomish demiranger-protector with slightly rougueish tendencies and a natural dislike for Aerie
Old 11-02-2001, 03:32 PM   #4
OmegaKiller
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here is my favorite party

*Korgan (easy side quest, big tank, can get more weapon specilaztion then minsc)

*Edwin (Have to work to get him, best bloody npc mage in the game, weak as kitten in hp but quite a few spells almost fell in love with edwina.

*Viconia (best cleric in the game, no side quest, possible romance choice, give her a strenth building weapon like the Mualer arm and she is the best)

Imoan, (second best mage, third best theif, no side quest unless you consider all the work you have to get to her)

Amonen, (above average cleric, descent fighter, got to fail his test for knighthood and he would fit in this party just fine).

Yourself (wizard slayer, great potential)
Old 11-02-2001, 03:38 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well(SPOILER IS DOWN)if u got Keldorn and Valygar, you'd have too much raw power. SO i suggest getting One fighter alone, with the spoiler read.
^
^
^
^

^^
^
^
^
^
^
^Yoshi dies, so then u can get an extra guy. He betrayed Jon Irenicus.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 11-02-2001, 04:57 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks for the advice, so far. And thanks for the info on Yoshi, SecretMaster. I've found some good walk-through sites and already knew about that - darn shame. I REALLY like him and he's a great thier (although he can't set snares to save his life).

So Jan seems like an obvious choice to fill that void. Minsc is swinging Namarra in one hand and Adjuntha the Drinker in the other, so he Heals himself during melee (veeery nice). I wasn't impressed with Edwin's spells in BG1 and I don't really care for evil characters (Korgan was fun, though).

I happen to like Aerie. I was planning on trying a Cleric/Mage myself and she saved me the trouble. She has good spells, but advances to slow. That's why I was thinking of keeping Nalia, but I suppose Imoen would be a better choice there.

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming. I really appreciate it.