Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default A rather technical Computer question?

I have been virused - by some mean and evil virus from Russia that ate up my exe.files so I just gave up on my HD and brought it to the shop were i bought it.
They cleaned it, installed Vin 7 64 bit and a nice antivirus program called Bullguard - so now everything was peechy...at least I thought so.

About a week after I got the computer back I experienced some strange issues ( I normally run a movie or some music on one screen while enjoying the net on the other ) but now the music/movie will stutter and screech if I open a webpage - even scrolling on pages brings mayhem to my ears and I am at a loss for whats going on?

My system is:
Time of this report: 5/28/2011, 09:52:50
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 920 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 2104MB used, 14272MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Help a fellow Ironworker out...my baby is dying *cry*
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: A rather technical Computer question?

All I can think of is disabling/enabling your audio-video codecs.

Are you using integrated audio and video or discrete audio and video cards? If discrete you may wish to re-install those cards software and/or look for software/driver updates.

You can also look for updates to the audio-video codecs.

Good Luck.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Can it be the codecs when even my Itunes are messy? I was thinking it might be VLC that caused issues - but that has been excluded as Itunes suffer the same issues. I will try re-installing the drivers then

thnx...hope it works - will update soon
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 05-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

iTunes and Win 7 x64 have issues. Google "itunes and windows 7" to see the laundry list. iTunes also had/has issues with Vista if you were using Aero.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Sounds like old, default drivers - probably even WDM version a la win 7. Update everything since you got a fresh install.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Your solution actually worked Spiritwarrior - thanx!

Now to get in touch with the company that fixed my computer and ask them why the !&%/¤% they charged me 100 dollars to format and re-install when they did not re-install correctly.

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Argh....correction it just started again....*sigh*

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 05-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Before doing the things below, update your OS completely. If you just got a fresh install of Win 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit OS, you have alot of updates to download. But, I see your are on SP1, this sounds about right. Maybe you have already updated it. Just check to be sure, there are many updates for 64 bit OS compatibility.

I want to be clear. You had a different OS before this and they installed Win 7 for you? This is very important to know.

Make sure your audio drivers are the 64 bit versions. Make sure they are Win 7 compatible. Windows Vista drivers will usually fit the bill. Let Windows update install drivers for you - sometimes it may know better, sometimes not.

If it still remains after this do ALL of these steps even though you have done some of them already individually. Uninstall completely and reinstall your audio, video and Adobe Flash drivers in unison. Update them from their respectable websites.

Update IE, and disable all your IE accelerators and Addons. Update DirectX or confirm that you are where you need to be.

Update Windows Media Player, and uninstall and reinstall VLC (VLC rarely has any issues like, ever).

To me personally, this sounds very much like a software compatibility and/or conflict issue.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Also, what is your audio card brand? Whether intergrated or dedicated.