Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

my latest SoA character is heading towards ToB - i've never played ToB before

he's a late-dualled assassin->cleric who has joined forces with Sola (MOD NPC) for the later stages - i already know that i'll be recruiting the ToB NPC but am thinking about an additional party member for a nicely rounded party of 4 (i mainly solo so find 6 people tedious to manage) but who?

currently i'm thinking of Keldorn - none of my games really feature arcane magic and i've got a utility-mage in Sola now - but Keldorn should be good against mages and him and his fighting partner should look cool up front swinging 2H-swords

any thoughts?

what would you do?
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Andyr
Manshoon

What is your PC's alignment?
[url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net/\" target=\"_blank\">\"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see...\"</a> - G3: Home of IE mods<br /><br />[url]\"http://forums.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">Forums</a><br /><br /><i>JCompton:</i> Suggested plugs include \"Click here so Compton doesn\'t ban me. [url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net/ub\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pocketplane.net/ub</a> \"
Andyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Assuming Sola is a Mage spellcaster(or any spellcaster for that matter), I'd get a tank, maybe Korgan or Minsc, or as you said Keldorn. That way you can half n' half spellcaster and fighters. If Sola is a fighter, I'd dual class the ToB NPC to a mage (which I usually do anyways), and get one of the tanks I listed above. I wouldn't worry about the newly dual classed char being too weak that much, as after you finish the thing in your Pocket Plane, he should be up a couple of levels at least. He'll level up veery quickly through ToB, especially if you haven't done Watchers Keep yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-21-2005, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:55 AM   #4
Mirror Image
Manshoon

You said party of four but outside of your dualed Assassin/cleric you only mention this Sola. To me a well rounded group has offensive magic, healing, thievery and a tank. Some how I don't interpret assassin as thief. Keldorn is an okay tank if your lawful good. Personally, I'll take Sarevok if your anything other then lawful good.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 04:21 AM   #5
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

my PC is lawful neutral - the (loose) concept of the assassin->cleric is as a sort of inquisitor kind of guy - he's enough of a thief as he's level 21 assassin, not a good thief though, that 15 points per level thing really hurts

to clarify the party will be

PC (assassin->cleric)
Sola (elf fighter/mage added by a mod)
ToB NPC (fighter)
& one other

thanks for thoughts so far
Old 02-22-2005, 07:19 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

if your new to TOB.. then you should try the new NPC coming along in TOB. have fun with him

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:33 AM   #7
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

It's almost enough to make you cry..

He's said he's taking the ToB NPC, there's only one in unmodded game..

He's asking who else..

I've never used Sola, F/M/T I think..

I'd suggest Immy maybe if you don't think your enough of a theif, she's got enough skills to do all the vital bit's, even more so if you give her some potions for the times when she's not enough, but you could do that with your main char..

Depends realy on how you specced your assasin levels, if your Find traps is less than 80 or so you'll run into some problems, if your open locks is under 60 again you'll have a little bit of trouble at some points (though knock is always good)

Jan can be quite good for theif and as a bit of a mage..

I'm tempted to suggest a druid of some sorts so you get the insect plauge spell, Cerd is ok if you can put up with him, J's a little better because of her background but I don't like her..

I'd say get yourself a druid, any will do realy.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #8
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

my PC isn't a particularly bad thief just worse than you'd (i'd) expect a level 24 thief to be . . . he's enough of the thief though and has 'draw upon holy migth' coming out of his ears when he needs a boost

you know i'd thought about Jahiera - druid spells are the only thing i don't have access to . . .
Old 02-22-2005, 07:01 PM   #9
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Noooo, don't take the nastyness that is a multiclassed Druid Fighter, take the pure shiftshaper for wolfwere goodness..
Old 02-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Getting Fighter HLAs at double speed is nasty? Greater Whirlwind under Ironskins is nasty? Energy Blades with a Warrior's THAC0 is nasty?