Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2001, 12:08 PM   #1
Redblueflare
Galvatron

You know what would be cool? If I could meet a girl who lived close by, and liked Final Fantasy, Tekken, D2 and BG as much as I do. A girl with those interests would have to be my soulmate. We'd be made for each other. There are so many female gamers here, and that makes me take back my theory that all gamers are males. I have one complaint however. How come absolutely none of them live here on this island? It's not fair! Why can't there be more girls like you people? How come IW (And battle.net) are the only places blessed with gaming goddesses? WHY?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.

[This message has been edited by Redblueflare (edited 08-21-2001).]
Old 08-21-2001, 01:10 PM   #2
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I'm with you there brother. I have the same problem but in Southern California. There are millions of people here, but do you have any idea how hard it is to find one with the same interests? I'm sure there's one out there, but I haven't found her yet.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-21-2001, 01:14 PM   #3
trux

Same here. Sucks.

Redblue, I'm afraid you may have to go somewhere a bit more populated for your wish to come true. My friend graduated from GitMo and said her graduating class topped out at 7. With numbers like that you really can't get too much diversity.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-21-2001, 01:32 PM   #4
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
Same here. Sucks.

Redblue, I'm afraid you may have to go somewhere a bit more populated for your wish to come true. My friend graduated from GitMo and said her graduating class topped out at 7. With numbers like that you really can't get too much diversity.

Trux who was this friend? I probably knew them. Oh and yes our graduating class is at 12 this year. I can always hope can't I?

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 01:43 PM   #5
trux

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:
Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
Same here. Sucks.

Trux who was this friend? I probably knew them. Oh and yes our graduating class is at 12 this year. I can always hope can't I?

Her name's April. She graduated in '98. If you don't remember her check a yearbook - can't miss her. I think she was one of only two or three girls in her class.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-21-2001, 02:01 PM   #6
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

That´s the problem. They never live where they should. I tried to force my girlfriend to like RPGs, but she refuses to sit in front of the screen more than half an hour. It´s kinda hard.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is in!
Old 08-21-2001, 02:24 PM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Yeah I remember April. She got most of the scholarships at graduation. Didn't know her that well though. There are a lot of new people here, (A lot of my old friends left.) and 20 families are supposed to be coming. I hope one of them includes a girl my age! (A gaming girl would be nice, but odds are that's not going to happen...)

------------------
Old 08-21-2001, 03:48 PM   #8
trux

Quote:
Yeah I remember April. She got most of the scholarships at graduation. Didn't know her that well though. There are a lot of new people here, (A lot of my old friends left.) and 20 families are supposed to be coming. I hope one of them includes a girl my age! (A gaming girl would be nice, but odds are that's not going to happen...)

Sounds like April. Studious one, that girl. She's doing well now in a small liberal arts school in Florida.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-21-2001, 03:53 PM   #9
Moni

Quote:
You know what would be cool? If I could meet a girl who lived close by, and liked Final Fantasy, Tekken, D2 and BG as much as I do. A girl with those interests would have to be my soulmate. We'd be made for each other. There are so many female gamers here, and that makes me take back my theory that all gamers are males. I have one complaint however. How come absolutely none of them live here on this island? It's not fair! Why can't there be more girls like you people? How come IW (And battle.net) are the only places blessed with gaming goddesses? WHY?

You should kind of be glad that you don't have one! Rex and I never see each other when we both have games going unless we look into the next room.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-21-2001, 03:59 PM   #10
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
You should kind of be glad that you don't have one! Rex and I never see each other when we both have games going unless we look into the next room.

That's a good point. I guess I never thought about that. Still all the games I named are multiplayer! Besides i'm sure we would have other interests as well. Hopefully.

------------------