Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-03-2002, 07:05 PM   #1
dale
Manshoon

I need some holy water -- but I cannot seem to find any.

My characters are about level 10, I've finished Arnika, but have not yet made it all the way to Trynton. In Arnika, I have tried several times to buy holy water from the obvious merchant, but he has not had any through several days worth of waiting.

It seems like I did have some once, but used it -- did I goof?

Any hints?
Old 02-03-2002, 07:32 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, you'd think a temple would be the place to buy holy water, but Braffit never had any for me, either. The only times I've had it before Trynton were as random treasure items, or made by my alchemist while camping.

Fuzzfas in Trynton usually has it for sale. So if you really want the stuff, you may want to head on over there. The only use for it at this time is for the thing in the crypt in the cemetery, and that's optional anyway.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 08:09 PM   #3
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
I need some holy water -- but I cannot seem to find any.

If you need it for the cemetery, then there is at least one that you can find on the hills leading up to it. It seems to me it is on the left side if you are looking towards the cemetery. Other than that one, most of the others I found were random drops from monsters. Makes you wonder why undead would be carrying something that does damage to them, doesn't it? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2002, 10:05 PM   #4
chimera99
The Magister

If you are going FROM Arnika TO Trynton, there is one dose one the right immediatly after you pass the cutoff to the cemetery.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 12:54 AM   #5
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by chimera99:
If you are going FROM Arnika TO Trynton, there is one dose one the right immediatly after you pass the cutoff to the cemetery.

Thanks, I'll look on the way back down. I am afraid that I might have found it before and used it up on some of the ghosts or something, not realizing it was needed for something else.

If I don't find it -- I'll look for it in the shop in Trynton as the other person suggested.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:51 PM   #6
dale
Manshoon

I found some holy water near the cemetary (it was on the east side, right hand coming out).

Now I wonder why I bothered. 1000 points
Old 02-04-2002, 06:22 PM   #7
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
I found some holy water near the cemetary (it was on the east side, right hand coming out).

Now I wonder why I bothered. 1000 points

Well, no one ever said it was -good- experience.

BTW, while you were down there did you go through the Retro Dungeon? It should make up for a lot of the shortcomings of the cemetery itself and has a few nice items behind its locked doors and battles. Just make sure you have either some knockpicks/ knock-knock spells and decent lockpicking XP before going in (and save before going in) or else you could end up trapped down there until you get your LP skill up high enough to get out. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2002, 12:20 AM   #8
dale
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Jem:

Well, no one ever said it was -good- experience.

BTW, while you were down there did you go through the Retro Dungeon?

Yes I did try, and got my body served back to me on a firey platter. About a half dozen flame breathing monsters with 250+ HP each.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:41 AM   #9
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Well, Dale - I know I wasn't but about 11th level going into that thing and all I did was make sure I rested between battles and kept as many 'buff' spells up as I could while wandering through. Magic Screen and Enchanged Blade were both life-savers for me. I don't think I had but those two and Missile Shield at the time so it should be possible with some careful planning on where you stand when opening a door and with a few camping sessions.