Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-22-2001, 10:07 PM   #11
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

I have never written a song, but I have written poetry, and I find the same thing to be true -- that poetry is a good outlet for dealing with depression.
A corollary is that sorrow and depression often provide motivation for creative songwriting and poetry. The most productive period of my life (so far) for writing poetry was a time when I was very depressed.

Old 08-22-2001, 10:08 PM   #12
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

now if they didn't do that, they wouldn't be hit songs...

------------------

get away from my homepage
Old 08-23-2001, 03:50 AM   #13
Lifetime
Red Dragon

"When you listen to a sad song, you listen to a part of yourself"

Baaahhh
I hate it when boybands and pop groups sing endlessly of girls/life/school/shit
Stop moaning about it and make some real music for crying out loud

But rock bands and the rest are pretty cool.. I'm a big fan for sad songs, but a lot of groups just make it sound like childish bitching..

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 08-23-2001, 04:32 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Maybe you ahve it mixed up? Perhaps people who dont write songs and say quit bitching about it are too assholeish to hear others problems? Or maybe there jealous they dont have the talent to write a song?

Or maybe they donīt like to ne remembered of their own problems all the time they listen to MTV or at the radio. Perhaps they have alot of issies too, and they canīt write sogs and make the whole world listen to their grief and make a buck out of it?

Maybe they are going through some of their own problems??

Personally when I hear a sad song I only bitch about te guys proble if I donīt like the song.. Sad songs are also IMHO a good way toget over your own problems, as help or fuel for your own process of healoing hurt..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 08-23-2001, 10:39 AM   #15
Redblueflare
Galvatron

When i'm sad I usually want to be left alone. I don't ask for help or to be comforted. At times like that I don't want to be bothered with anyone's else's problems, as I already have enough of my own. Not everyone is like this, and some people want to be comforted. The people they try to get help from usually don't want to be bothered with it either. When people are in a good mood, they don't want something sad to ruin it. Moni and Debiler have already said this.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:11 AM   #16
Moni

Still, being able to write it out in poetry or any other form is a good way of dealing with it and getting it out of your system.
I write short stories. A lot of them have sad beginnings or middles but I do end those on a high note to give the reader relief from the depression that they can bring.
I can't stand depressing books with depressing endings...I walk away from them with the weight of (sometimes fictional) peoples' problems on my shoulders LOL.
I do know peole who like them though...others people's problems make them feel more alive knowing they never had to deal with such sad situations. These people feel the same way about sad songs.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!