Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #171
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

Sever had not known exactly what to expect from his first meeting with Oley. But this was definitely not it. He'd had some strange targets in his time, but this former archmage took the cake - and probably washed it sown with spirits. Sever really couldn't tell if he was already pickled or not. But pondering all this was nothing more than an unnecessary distraction. Sever composed himself.

"Greetings to you, Mr Oley. I don't know how you knew i was looking for you earlier but i know better than to question the ways of a mage. It's not important just now though.

"I've only just been informed of the prison break and was just heading over to the armoury to lend what assistance i can to Karl in his search. If you know where the fugitives are, do you think it wise to inform the town guard?"
Old 02-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #172
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Reference if needed:

Karl and Sam are checking out the grounds behind the Locke Manor at this time. If desired, they can be approached as NPCs and asked to join the party, which Karl would lead if that is desired. If not, then the players may be on their own to defeat the enemy if encountered.

You guys decide how you want to game.

[ 02-11-2006, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-12-2006, 07:11 PM   #173
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Milanthir, the Elven Mage

----

Hmm. This could pose a small amount of trouble. I suppose I could just ask him, though. Knowing my luck....

----

"Is that so, eh? And I presume you have guards on the inside as well, to make sure that no one escapes through an unforseen exit while you're out here making sure no one goes in?", Milanthir muses. "Well then, I suppose I'll have to ask you - I've been made aware of the .. disturbance around these parts, and was wondering if anyone had, for example, come to visit the escapee at any... relatively point before he vanished?"

----

Probably not, in all honesty. Unless these guards are far more intelligent than the unimaginative ones we get at home.

----

Spells Memorized (5/4/3/2): disguise self (1), silent image (2), friends (1) / forget (1), THUL (1), Knock (1), rope trick (1) / suggestion (1), dispel magic (1), major image (1) / fire charm (1), magic mirror (1)
Old 02-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #174
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Milanthir:

The guard eyed the elf with a bored look. He knew he'd be standing here a while with no replacement to look foward to.

"Everybody that was interviewed swear that the prisoner never received visitors ever in his entire stay here with us...which has been for several months. He's a murderer. I am betting he would have rotted away in that cell with nobody batting an eye if he'd stayed in there."
Old 02-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #175
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

The previous night.

Elsewhere – The Forest

“Dogs!” The first says.

“Three dogs!” Growls the second.

“Food!” Says the first.

“Good!” The second snarls.

“Eat now!” The two say together.

Already the wounds received from the small one’s weapon have been forgotten. The man himself lies between the broken boards that had once been the north wall of his dwelling – the bones of his own body snapped like so many dry sticks. They are hungry and so they forget even to plunder this wooden dwelling for the bright and shiny things their eyes prize. What good are bright shinies compared to a dog? To three dogs?

The barking and howling of the hounds falls to whimper. Large hands reach forward. Necks are snapped. Drooling lips curl upward in greedy smiles. Two for later – one for each. And one for now. Three.

“Mine!” Snarls the first.

“No! Mine!” Shouts the second.

“Me get brains this time!” Insists the first.

“No! Brains mine! Me no want tail!” Argues the second.

With a sickening snap the body of the largest hound is torn apart.

“Smart!” Laughs the first.

“Cleh-vur!” Agrees the second.

“You get right side!” Says the first.

“You get left side!” Says the second.

“Good!” The two say together and the feasting begins.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #176
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oley "I could whip that upstart Pug with one hand tied behind my back"

Oley nodded while Pandaros expressed his worries, they were common enough for a young foolish adventurer to have. "You're worries are common enough for a young inexperienced adventurer to have, but let me tell you a secret, if you put a mage into a figure four leg-lock, he's more helpless than any other type of adventurer, clotheslining one is good too, it just takes losing one's bearings for a moment and getting drawn into physical combat to take out a mage, hit him in the face with something, the time I got hit with a bag of flour was very nearly the end of us back in the spring of aught seven, that being of course our seventh year as an adventuring party, in addition to being blinded I couldn't unleash my fireballs for fear of igniting the flour and killing everyone, why it was worse than the time the gnoll raiders took my socks and filled my boots with volcanic sand, very abrasive stuff that, and my poor left boot... one of them fell in love with it, and as you know, gnolls have a very 'physical' understanding of love, couldn't cast all day, and couldn't walk right for almost a month. I had to burn the boots too." Oley blinks realizing he'd been rambling again. "At any rate the sword and the man who bought it seems to be near the Inn, you can fetch the guard if you like, some extra muscle is sure to be useful, but remember, only one of you has to reach the magic user to neutralize him."

"Prison break eh... I wish I'd known earlier, if the arsonist caused the prison break I could have gotten a more accurate reading on where they might be, as it is I could only track the aura of something from Vindson's shop and combine the search with residual energy from the fire, both are together in the area of the Inn as I said before, I don't know how many there might be, but I'd wager it's not alot. And no, I won't go with you, my stories are done, it's time for you lads to make some of your own."

OOC: for those who aren't wrestling fans here's a pic http://www.self-defense-guide.com/image966.jpg
linkie
http://www.puroresufan.com/images/moves/nishimuraff.jpg

[ 02-14-2006, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 02-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #177
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Milanthir, the Elven Mage

----

How... Odd. Even magical communications require a focus, so either whoever helped him escape knew him beforehand, or they used a scrying spell. If he escaped recently, there might also be... Traces...

----

"Interesting. And has anyone done any sort of magical analysis of the cell - to find any teleportation or scrying spells? Is the past of the criminal known well enough to ascertain whether he was in contact with any unusually powerful mages before his incarceration?"

----

Somehow, I'm doubtful this line of inquiry is going to get anywhere. Still, even the most competent of mages leave a trace. I'm sure that Simon character has already searched the area with a skilled tracker, so... Hmmm.

----

Spells Memorized (5/4/3/2): disguise self (1), silent image (2), friends (1) / forget (1), THUL (1), Knock (1), rope trick (1) / suggestion (1), dispel magic (1), major image (1) / fire charm (1), magic mirror (1)
Old 02-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #178
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Milanthir:

"Magical analysis? Well...there's only one man in this town that wields powers of the arcane...and...well..."

The guard looked about with a concerned look on his face, as if ready to tell an incredible secret.

"Our town mage is not the kind you get help from, rather you try to avoid like the plague...you catch me?"

The guard seemed to be a bit nervous now, as though he were already in trouble for what he had said.

"So...um...No magical analysis has been run on the jail...no."

The guard looked about again, not liking this feeling he had one bit. Magic-wielding men just could not be trusted.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #179
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Pandaros thanked Oley for his advice and then addressed his other companions.

"It might be best to ambush this mage now, while we have the element of surprise. If the guard comes in looking, the mage may have time to prepare his defenses. I saw we go in and jump the spellcaster now."

Pandaros paused to look Keal and Sever in the eye, his left hand resting on the hilt of his sword.

"What do you two think?"

Old 02-15-2006, 11:54 PM   #180
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

"I think you may be right. But if i may, we don't want to go in there trying to sieze the element of surprise if they've got a surprise waiting.

"I'll wager i could lift the kitty from the next Lockesville town guard poker night - and that aint because there'll be four less guards around the table. Those are skills that i think should be put to use before we go charging in. Especially if we're dealing with a mage.

"Let me go in first. Casually. If they're watching people who enter, i shouldn't arouse too much suspicion - given that i don't particularly resemble any town guard i've ever laid eyes on. I'll locate their position and, if possible, disable any traps they may have set. Then i'll give you a signal and you boys can do what it looks like you do best.

"What say you?"

OOC>>Edited erroneous reference to the tavern.

[ 02-20-2006, 04:49 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
Closed Thread