Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-03-2001, 05:36 AM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

Okay, this is quite complicated, so I'll try and explain it as best I can.

I'm a sorcerer and I want to do the planar sphere quest. Problem is, my game won't let me go to the government district (cd is damaged, probably). This is the only problem with the game, everything else works fine.

But can I still go to the Umar Hills and talk to Valygar? And make him join my party so I can go back and do the sphere? Or do I have to have talked to Tolgerias first?

Please help

Old 11-03-2001, 05:39 AM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You can go to the Umar Hills by taling to the little boy named Daleson, I found him in the docks so u shouldn't have a problem.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:31 AM   #3
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Hmmm, as I remember the boy to tell you about the Umar hills quest is in front of the Council of Six building. You could have a problem here I am afraid...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 11-03-2001, 06:41 AM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I know how to get around your problem Alex, if you have a CD-Rom-Writer, copy the contents of the damaged CD-Rom to your harddrive, then change the .CFG file to read it from there, Writers are often capable of reading data that is too damaged for a normal drive to read and so it should be able to copy it all to your harddrive.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:46 AM   #5
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

The boy...Daelon..appears at a specific time, that means he can appear anywhere, depending on where you are at the time he appears [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 07:50 AM   #6
Neb

The Umar Hills boy is ALWAYS in the Government District, near the Council building.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:52 AM   #7
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

No, he's not...or maybe I have a bug, 'cause everytime I played..the boy appears in different places..the latest time, I think...city gates.
Well, maybe it's a bug I don't know...:=)
Old 11-03-2001, 07:55 AM   #8
Sorcerer Alex

Thanks for your help Neb, Barry, Regin and Sir Degrader. Neb, Delon isn't always in the Government District. I've bumped into him in Waukeen's Promendade and the Docks in games before this.

Old 11-03-2001, 08:07 AM   #9
Neb

quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Thanks for your help Neb, Barry, Regin and Sir Degrader. Neb, Delon isn't always in the Government District. I've bumped into him in Waukeen's Promendade and the Docks in games before this.

Really? That's never happened to me..... Oh, wait, I think I know why it happens, there are two possibilities, either he's begun to follow you because you got too close to him in the Government District and so you've dragged him along to another district, or if you wait too long he starts to seek you out.