Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 07:32 AM   #1
Vampire

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3638190.stm

Yes they are important when there is civil war, dictatorship, child abuse, and important issues like that.

But do we really need them to label an Olympic parade in Hong Kong as "stoking political fear"?

What the *****? I mean surely there are more important issues to address here?

China comes second in the medals table in the Olympics for the first time and we have a Olympic Parade in Hong Kong... so what?

What about Regents Street Festival? I suppose thats a political thing for Ken Livingstone?

I think these people need to have some realistic senses knocked into them and not live in their fairy tale dream horse land.

There are far worse thing going on in Northern Ireland, Central Europe, Russia, Hawaii, Okinawa, Korea... and they throw a hissy fit when we march some Olympic medalists in Hong Kong before an election.

Get a real life!

Old 09-09-2004, 07:41 AM   #2
Vampire

So I wrote them this letter [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3638190.stm

Yes, you are important when there is civil war, dictatorship, child abuse, and important issues like that. To keep us abreast of information such as those.

But do you really need to label an Olympic parade in Hong Kong as "stoking political fear"?

What the ****? I mean surely there are more important issues to address here?

China comes second in the medals table in the Olympics for the first time and we have a Olympic Parade in Hong Kong... so what? All athletes are state funded, so we have a parade ahead of elections? WOW!

What about Regents Street Festival? I suppose thats a political thing for Ken Livingstone? I mean come on guys... lets get realistic here.

There are far worse thing going on in Northern Ireland, Central Europe, Russia, Hawaii, Okinawa, Korea... and you throw a hissy fit when we march some Olympic medalists in Hong Kong before an election.

I think you guys need to have some realistic senses knocked into you and not live in your fairy tale dream horse land. I bet you grew up not knowing conflict, war or bloodshed. And at the EARLY age of 10 you were introduced to suffering and your like: holy **** this is terrible!

Ever since you people have been these SO RIGHTEOUS organisation putting your childish ideals upon the universe. No wonder no one gives a ****, apart from some moral minority like youselves.

I would advice you to change to a more contributing job to society soon...

It's not like most governments actually have heard of you let alone care. And if you do by some AMAZING conicidence coincide with a change of minor policy! I guess you can call it success from all these letters that never make it past the borders!

Do you really think dictoators not sleep everyday worrying when the next letter will arrive from you?

Though I suppose you do contribute to the Royal Mail significantly which is good [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2004, 07:41 AM   #3
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

:rolls eyes:

Yeah, that's certainly pretty rediculous...I agree with you wholeheartedly Avatar.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-09-2004, 07:46 AM   #4
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
:rolls eyes:

Yeah, that's certainly pretty rediculous...I agree with you wholeheartedly Avatar.

I was worried I was going to get flamed... probably will.

But hey wait a second... and hear me out

I am Chinese and we have a long and different culture!

We like to have parades and love our country (tibet, hong kong and taiwan included).

So don't go telling us what is right or wrong.

Look at Northern Ireland. Look at the Falklands!
Look at Okinawa and Hawaii

So don't even say that any country is different.

BTW, I really enjoy the 1970s videos they have of Tibet... its facinating but CRAP! Though it seems to work in stirring up hatred.

China has changed a lot and is still changing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I ADMIT my email was a bit over the top. Sorry IW people. but i was rightly? annoyed!

Old 09-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
Vampire

Human Rights Group:
Avatar, that was completely wrong! The government actually supports us in these matters!

Or is it that you think they do?

Human Rights Group:
They have verbally confirmed that our actions are good and support our efforts against evil regimes.

That is evil because they are trying to build nuclear weapons and you already have them?

Human Rights Group:
We use them for good deeds, these people are mad men!!!!

or women

Human Rights Group:
Yes

And your position on Iraq?

Human Rights Group:
Completely wrong to invade Iraq!

Are we evil then?

Human Rights Group:
Umm, not as evil as others

not as evil as Iraq?

Human Rights Group:
Ummmm, yes I suppose. And definitely not as evil as North Korea and Libya.

Who have they invaded in the last 50 years?

Human Rights Group:
BUT they want to invade! And they abuse their own people! Isn't that disgusting?

I see. Do you see yourself as a holy crusader doing the things people should do, but don't?

Human Rights Group:
YESSS!

Do you think your life is somehow amazing justified because you are definitely helping others to a better life?

Human Rights Group:
Definitely helping

Even when you are not and its all a timely coincidence? Someone is bound to be released from prison early one day...

Human Rights Group:
We wrote letters!

They can't read English over there.

Human Rights Group:
We had a translator

that was me... you have no idea what I wrote.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:57 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I suppose I should be angry too but I've seen too many biased report from any so called human rights groups. If I get angry at every single one of them I'll get high blood pressure which is bad for my health. So I just chuckled and smile at the report and move on.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:36 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
But hey wait a second... and hear me out

I am Chinese and we have a long and different culture!

We like to have parades and love our country (tibet, hong kong and taiwan included).

So don't go telling us what is right or wrong.

Look at Northern Ireland. Look at the Falklands!
Look at Okinawa and Hawaii

So don't even say that any country is different.

BTW, I really enjoy the 1970s videos they have of Tibet... its facinating but CRAP! Though it seems to work in stirring up hatred.

China has changed a lot and is still changing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

:cough: First up, No problems with the parade in Hong Kong. The mainland government is very proud (rightly so) of its fantastic success in the Olympics and why not use that to install pride within the people from Hong Kong.

A little side question, did Hong Kong field its own team in the Olympics, separate from China?

"We like to have parades and love our country (Tibet, Hong Kong and Taiwan included)."

Taiwan is NOT part of China. It is inhabited by ethnic Chinese but it is independent with its own government and follows the path its people want. The sooner China stops playing hardball and wasting money on subjecting an independent and democratic country to its will, through fear of invasion, instead of ensuring the provinces share in its economic boom the better.

"BTW, I really enjoy the 1970s videos they have of Tibet... its facinating but CRAP! Though it seems to work in stirring up hatred."

Then maybe you would like to finance a newer film? Maybe if you ask the Chinese dictatorship for permission to film in Tibet to ask the local population for its views, without fear of retribution, the rest of us uneducated people could see what was really going on?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-09-2004, 11:52 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:

Taiwan is NOT part of China. It is inhabited by ethnic Chinese but it is independent with its own government and follows the path its people want. The sooner China stops playing hardball and wasting money on subjecting an independent and democratic country to its will, through fear of invasion, instead of ensuring the provinces share in its economic boom the better.
Taiwan is part of China. It was seperated from China when Kuomintang troops fled from Mainland and come to Taiwan. From then the standoff lasted until today. The sooner Taiwan reunited with China the better. Though I may think that China need to use force to take back Taiwan.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:56 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I think your letter would have had a better effect if you didn't curse in it.

Everytime you curse in a letter it kill off your credibility.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:26 PM   #10
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:

Taiwan is part of China. It was seperated from China when Kuomintang troops fled from Mainland and come to Taiwan. From then the standoff lasted until today. The sooner Taiwan reunited with China the better. Though I may think that China need to use force to take back Taiwan. [/QUOTE]Taiwan is not recognized by the UN or any other country (not even the USA) that belongs to the UN as an INDEPENDENT nation. The Chinese call Taiwan a "rogue province". However, if you ask the TAIWANESE I am sure that THEY will tell you that they do NOT consider themselves part of China. It's true that they do have their own government and hold free elections.

Suggesting that the Chinese use force to "reclaim" Taiwan is likely to end up in WWIII. The US has agreed to help defend Taiwan should the Chinese attempt such an invasion and also sold them defensive weaponry. China has been placated over these sales by the US promising to NOT recognize Taiwan as a sovreign nation, agreeing to limit the arms sales to defensive weapon systems only, and to NOT station US troops on the island. In return, the Chinese have agreed so far to not attempt to reclaim the island by force UNLESS the Taiwanese attempt to declare their official independence! Talk about walking a tightrope.

I believe I have the bulk of that correct. If anyone has any corrections/modifcations and sources to back them up I would be very interested in hearing them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783