Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #11
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Around June last year, I was at work and busy typing away when I decided to jerk myself up. That was when I experienced sharp pains down my neck as well as my shoulder blades. It was really terrible moving around the office, as even taking a step would fill me with such agony.

The next day I found that the above areas had been inflamed and was put on physiotherapy for a while; I even bought a traction kit to lift the pressure off my shoulders and wore a neck support (to everyone's amusement/horror).

I still have some aches here and there these days, but it has not been so bad. For me, lots of rest (ie, not surfing the Net unless obliged by work) and lots of shoulder rotation/shrugging exercises has helped to reduce the pains.

Hope you get well soon.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:33 PM   #12
Son of Osiris

I have the same problem. You see, it's probably the chair. Maybe you could get a recliner of some kind...yeah...a Recliner. That would kick ass [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2003, 06:28 AM   #13
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

I've had lower back trouble since I was 26, my discs used to pop, sending my back into spasm, causing severe sciatic pain down my legs, ive had two operations to remove 3 discs and a piece of bone that was rubbing against the nerves. I've also had 2 denervations, where the nerves are burnt away from the vertebrae, I don't get the pain in my legs anymore, which was the most severe, but now wake up every day with what they call ' Belt Pain' which runs right around the waist some days it gets better some days it gets worse.

I also spent the christmas before last in bed (3weeks)with severe spasms, I'm told the pain will ease as I get older, but I'll lose supleness, so thats something to look forward too [img]smile.gif[/img]

I try to get on with my life as best as I can, and I know it's a bit cliched but there are a lot of people who are worse off than me.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:27 AM   #14
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

I have back problems too. I've found that not sitting on a chair/bed/couch that's very soft when I'm in pain helps. I've also found that using a heating pad works as does soaking in a tub of hot water.