Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-01-2000, 08:59 AM   #1
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Thought I'd call for one of these things... which subquest (or part of the mainquest for that matter) do you find coolest/funniest/most thrilling, and which is the most boring one?

I very much liked the entire Rijeck (sp) Hidesman-quest. It involved more that just hack and slash and find an item; it actually reminded me on some rather good ad&d-sessions. Also, it included travelling to three different places (if you count the guy in Umar Hills). Finding the corpse of the poor lieutenant who went to investigate added to the drama, and it got an extra dimension since I went to Trademeet for the first time when I came back from the Underdark, making the comment "Did you say Rijeck Hidesman?" really taste like an old, dusty puzzle finally unravelled.

I like most quests so naming some really boring is kinda hard, but I thought the Planar Sphere was a little up in the clouds... I like rather straightforward, down-to-earth puzzles without too much travelling between dimensions and stuff. But it was rather cool when Valygar made up with his old ancestor.
Old 12-01-2000, 09:08 AM   #2
Armisael

Let's see... I enjoyed the bridge district part of the Rejeik Hidesman quest. I didn't bother with the humanskin armour, though, and to be honest, I thought the whole 'flesh dancer' thing in Trademeet was a bit pathetic. I liked the ongoing storyline with Jaheira and the Harpers. I enjoyed almost everything in the Windspear Hills, with all the challenges, plot twists, the Samia side-quest, and eventually finding Firkraag himself. It may not be a quest, but I liked the ongoing Edwin and the Nether-Scrolls gag, and I thought the Ust Natha quests were all well thought-out... and that's about it.

Old 12-01-2000, 01:18 PM   #3
Magnus Magnificent

I like the whole Windspear Hills thing. You have outdoors/indoors. You get to close an old quest for the dryads, smite some great evil, rescue an innocent, kill a red dragon, and you get the Holy Avenger. Got to be the best area. (so far, but I'm still waiting to catch the boat out of chapter 3)

Old 12-01-2000, 02:18 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I actually found the ongoing Roenal saga interesting - very political. The drow quests were good too, and the Shadow Thieves subplot.

Conversely the Littleman quest was pathetic, as was the Sahuagin quests - that was really stretching the bounds of imagination - helping Chaotic evil creatures that keep their word?? I got the feeling that was in there for filler.
Old 12-01-2000, 02:19 PM   #5
Magnus Magnificent

I've seen a few references to the 'Little man ' quest. I'm in CH3, is it later?

Old 12-01-2000, 02:49 PM   #6
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

The underdark quests Are my favorite, followed by the windspear hills. I love the powerful underdark monster that are a real challenge, plus Its always been a favorite setting of mine when I craft adventures for the P&P game( I'm a long time DM). The windspearhills is a great example of what a powerful and intelligent lawful evil monster would create. Setting up some good guys for the fall, while pullng a bunch of weaker underlings together to do the dirty work for him, ruling with fear and fear alone. Its great D&D!.
Old 12-02-2000, 04:56 AM   #7
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Why is everyone dissing poor Littleman? I find it rather cute, albeit a little corny. =)

If you havn't found it - go to the churchyard after dusk and check out the graves.