Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-16-2004, 10:38 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Or world war III as it is now known!

Click on Jong Ajax - Jong feyenoord

Miss Ajax catches the eye though!

"Feyenoord's Jorge Acuna was taken to hospital after crowd trouble at a reserve game with AFC Ajax, the Dutch club reported on their website tonight. The Chilean midfield player sustained injuries to the head, neck, ribs and stomach after Ajax supporters invaded the pitch after the match at the De Toekomst stadium in Amsterdam. Several other Feyenoord players, including first-team squad members Robin van Persie and Danko Lazovic, were also assaulted by Ajax supporters in the incident, but Acuna was the most seriously injured and was subsequently taken to hospital in an ambulance."

[ 04-16-2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
They only have the balls to attack players, or others who can't really defend themselves, our superheroes from Amsterdam. When they actually DO have a chance to rumble Feyenoordboys, they run and leave their friends behind to get beaten to death. What goes around, comes around, and it won't be anything else this time.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:02 AM   #3
Donut
Jack Burton

You must be very proud johnny.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-16-2004, 11:19 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
You must be very proud johnny.
Proud of what ? I wasn't involved in this, i think you misunderstood what i meant.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
Skippy1
Elminster

Typical of the soccer supporters. You don't hear of this happening at a rugby match.

It's the lack of contact you know. It just gets the fans frustrated I reckon. Now if you watch a few good crunching rugby tacklesin a game, all you want to do after is have a beer.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:38 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Was there any stewardess on the ground? What were they doing? Sleep on job until these incident can happen? How about the police? were they not around to prevent such things? * sigh *
Old 04-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Skippy1:
Typical of the soccer supporters. You don't hear of this happening at a rugby match.

It's the lack of contact you know. It just gets the fans frustrated I reckon. Now if you watch a few good crunching rugby tacklesin a game, all you want to do after is have a beer.
I'll take that beer regardless wheter it's football, rugby, or underwaterchess.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:41 AM   #8
Skippy1
Elminster

Underwaterchess?? Sounds like a washout to me!

Don't know what Kasperov would make of it though.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:41 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Was there any stewardess on the ground? What were they doing? Sleep on job until these incident can happen? How about the police? were they not around to prevent such things? * sigh *
It was a match between the two youth teams, Ajax 2- Feyenoord 2. Who the hell expects anything to happen at events like that ?
Old 04-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Skippy1:
Underwaterchess?? Sounds like a washout to me!

Don't know what Kasperov would make of it though.
Kasparov would have trouble dominating the board, being all mysti eyed and stuff.