Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-31-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Daemoj
Welcomed New User

Hey everyone,

I'm currently compiling some information for Wizards & Warriors and was curious if there is anywhere I can download other people's save games. I'm trying to track down all of the magic items in the game, so I'm hoping other people might an assortment of items in their characters' inventories. If save games are not available for download anywhere, would any of you be willing to email me your save games or put them in a temporary location that I could download them? Any help would be much appreciated!

Also, is there anywhere to obtain unmarked versions of the game's maps, including the wilderness areas?
Daemoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:30 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Daemoj! May your time in the Gael Serran raise your blood pressure and bank account [img]smile.gif[/img]

There aren't any real savegames available that I know of. If you're looking for the items in the game, try a look through the Best Tips thread here first... almost any thing you can imagine has been found and documented. You can also search through the forum (and the W&W archive forum as well)... there have been more than a couple of posts on what the best weapons, armor, magic items, and so on might be...

I'm not aware of any real place to get *unmarked* maps... you might check the W&W downloads section here to see some of the maps we have available.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:16 AM   #3
Daemoj
Welcomed New User

The maps in the downloads section are very nice, but I was hoping to do some mapping of my own without the text and other writing already on them. I'm trying to explore every square inch of each area to make my own maps, but it's an extremely slow process.

I'm still very interested in savegames, just in case someone might have any readily available. If not, then I guess I'm on my own =).
Old 04-01-2005, 08:41 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The easiest way to do that is probably to simply map everything, pull up the map screen, and do a screen print. There was a post eons ago about tools that you could use to do that... lemmesee if I can find it... hmmm... not the one I was looking for but this thread has links to a number of freeware screen capture tools.

[ 04-01-2005, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Daemoj!!!

As someone who had at one time a plethora of saved games - I'm not certain that a collection of them will assist you in compiling a list of the various magic items available in the game. There was a list of such things in the back of the Tome of Misinformation (strategy guide). I don't know how accurate that list is.

You're best bet for the mapping is to do as Bungleau suggests - just make your own as you explore.

Do you have a particular project in mind for which you need this information and maps - or do you just like to be very thorough??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:09 AM   #6
jsalsb
Elminster

I think the best way to catalogue *every* item in the game is to look through a savegame file with a hex editor. Although, you may find reference to items that are programmed in, but don't actually show up in the game.

Hex editing instructions can be found in this thread:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=007364

and you can download a free version of HexEdit off the web.

Caveat: Be very carefull editing! Back up all your savegames first before messing around! Read Wyvern's instructions carefully!

[ 04-01-2005, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: jsalsb ]
Old 04-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #8
Daemoj
Welcomed New User

Does anyone have a list of hexadecimal code for all the items (or at least some of them)? That looks to be my best way to track down certain items.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:45 PM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I think Wyvern has one for most of the items. [img]smile.gif[/img] Some of the numbers can be found here.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #10
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

John Hubbard's Wizardry site has three W&W save games on the Files page, at http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/files.shtml .
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote