Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-09-2001, 03:17 PM   #41
Epona
Zartan

Time to launch in with what is probably going to be a long post!!! Some of my favorite music is (not in any particular order):

Rage Against the Machine
Metallica
Sepultura
Garbage
Barenaked Ladies
Mozart (esp. Requiem)
Beethoven (esp. 9th)
Stravinsky
Prokofiev
Orff
Satie
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Beatles
The Doors
The Kinks

er.. can't think of any more for the moment. Oh, I'm listening to Yorick's CDs right now, they're also really good. Spanish guitar also good.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-09-2001, 03:24 PM   #42
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh my God, Melusine, The Queen of the Night Aria! What about two people int he whole word can sing it. I'm not a coluratura, I sound best on Verdi, Puccinni, French Sruff. I've always wanted to sing Wagner, but, alas, I'm not a "helden soprano." OK I know that's not a real word, but you get my point.

My daugher plays the piano and studies ballet. She has loved Nutcracker since she was a baby--serious. We have videos of it and she watches it constantly during Christmas.

I am familiar with Carmina Burana.

Melusine, I'm so glad to find someone who likes serious music.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-09-2001, 03:26 PM   #43
Reeka

Lillie, you're right it's Mr. T (I love that--you must be a A team fan).

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-09-2001, 03:33 PM   #44
Melusine
Dracolisk

Me too, so glad to have found you!!! (am I sounding too sugary? )
I thought that two sopranos meant certain bloodshed?
Actually Yorick gave me this link a while ago, some great musician's jokes on it: MUSIC JOKES
How many sopranos does it take to change a lightbulb?
Two. One to change it and one to watch and say, "Don't you think that's a bit high for you, dear?"

Don't you love Orff's soprano solo's? Especially Dulcissime, another impossible Coloratur...
It's wonderful that your daughter receives an artistic upbringing! I did some five years of ballet too, it's wonderful!
Oh, and my sister forced me to watch the Nutcracker every day last Christmas Holidays...

WOW It's truly great that you love the same music! BTW I'm not a helden soprano either (don't know if the word exists but it's precisely the *right* word )
Do you sing sometimes? I mean in a choir or solo or in some other project, or are you singing purely for fun?

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-12-2001, 10:15 AM   #45
Reeka

Melusine:

Actually, I play the piano for a church and sing there (I actually sang yesterday). Even though my degree is in music (voice major, piano minor), I keep my had in it with church jobs, weddings, and I teach a couple of friends of mine children piano. I used to teach voice, but quit doing that because few people really wanted to commit to the hard work that vocal training takes. Music is kind of my life (real life that is). I used to do some writing and arranging but have little time for that anymore. I've written some stuff that the church choir has performed (one of my pieces was performed for the bishop--a little proud of that).

But my tastes in music are very eclectic--I like and at least repsect almost anything.

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-15-2001, 12:21 AM   #46
Lifetime
Red Dragon

In no particular order:

Blink 182
Lit
Limp Bizkit
SR71
Jars of Clay
Lifehouse
Bon Jovi
Bryan Adams
Foo Fighters
Everclear
Robbie Williams
Fuel
Sister Hazel
Linkin Park

Lots of fast, loud music, with some quieter stuff thrown into the mix.
Anyone ever heard of Lifehouse? They're pretty good if you're into that type of music.

------------------
Why?