Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2001, 01:08 PM   #1
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

My boss is asking me to research a page that some customers have been referring to, but I don't recognize the language to be able to get it translated to be able to read it. From the look of the page, it's something that our company needs to get addressed ASAP, but I won't know for sure until I know exactly what it says. So, if ANYONE can read this sample text, and can tell me what language it is, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sample text: En hård disk blir väldigt fortt defragmenterad.
Det som händer är att alla ettor och nollor på disken blir blandade och för att få tillbaka hastigheten på hård disken måste man defragmentera den.
Det finns en hel del olika program för detta men det bästa sättet är att göra en så kallad hårdvarufragmentering, har du bara lite baskunskaper i att skruva i en data maskin så borde du kunna klara detta.

------------------

Always listen to your heart, for it will never lead you astray.
All bow and cower before the Triumvirate!!!
Old 07-11-2001, 01:22 PM   #2
DiabloRex
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:

Sample text: En hård disk blir väldigt fortt defragmenterad.
Det som händer är att alla ettor och nollor på disken blir blandade och för att få tillbaka hastigheten på hård disken måste man defragmentera den.
Det finns en hel del olika program för detta men det bästa sättet är att göra en så kallad hårdvarufragmentering, har du bara lite baskunskaper i att skruva i en data maskin så borde du kunna klara detta.

[/B]
The language the sample text is in, is swedish. I am not a swede but I can translate some part of it.

A harddrive ------ becomes defragmented.
What happens is that all the zeros and 1, becomes mixed. To get the speed back to the harddrive it have to be defragmented.
There is a lot of programs that do that, but the best thing to do is to use a so called hardware defragmention program, do you have just a little experience of scewing in a computer, you should be able to do this.

That is not a 100% correct translation, mind you. Look for search engine that can translate swedish, or hope that someone on this forum knows swedish a bit better than I do

[This message has been edited by DiabloRex (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 01:24 PM   #3
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Hey thanks! I really appreciate it. I'll look for a Swedish translator, so that I can get get all of the text. At least I know what language it is now.

------------------

Old 07-11-2001, 01:26 PM   #4
DiabloRex
Elminster

no problem, hey noticed that you have 666 posts now?
Old 07-11-2001, 05:19 PM   #5
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Zeeke, be really cautious when it comes to using electronic translators to translate an entire text. Most I know produce results that can be characterized by one word only: ridiculous !

Unfortunately, Wolfgir is not here right now, but we have quite a few newcomers from Denmark here at the moment. If I were you, I'd trust their translations much more than any by an electronic translator.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 07-11-2001, 05:34 PM   #6
Gaelic
Elminster

I thought it was an exerpt from a naughty magazine

------------------
Gaelic
Old 07-11-2001, 11:58 PM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Zeeke, ask Wolfgir or one of the many Swedish people we have to translate it for you. I'm sure they'll be happy to do so.

------------------
Old 07-12-2001, 12:59 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Wolfgir is on msn too, Zeeke. His msn addy is on the thread here.

DiabloRex! Way to go!

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-12-2001, 10:18 AM   #9
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Thanks for your help everyone!!! I got the page translated, and it turns out that the site is all a big joke. But, we had to get it translated so that we knew for sure. Again, thanks everyone!

------------------