Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-22-2002, 04:57 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

So what is topical today :

Footy season, and in the AFL the mighty Brisbane Lions remain undefeated this season - now up to 20 consecutive wins since round 9 last year. The Bullies flooded massively in an attempt to kill the Brissie juggernaut, but to no avail. I get to see my beloved Lions play next week in Perth - ahh, new victims.

The Broncos are also undefeated, but were very shaky indeed in squeeking past the lowly Panthers. I think they will get moiderated against Newcastle next weekend. On a brighter note - Alfie is a star and legend (still).

Oh, and I sent you an email Aelia .
Old 04-22-2002, 05:19 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

TALKING POINTS:
The Lions have won four games in a row and even the journalists in Perth are writing about how the Lions’ strength should be diluted. Funny how that was never mentioned circa 1992-94 when another ‘interstate’ team was at its feasome best! Subiaco Oval – the Lions are praying no-one strays into ‘Cruciate Corner’, the carnage site of eight knee reconstructions in a season and four rounds.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:30 AM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Can we also bring up the Super 12 and how well the Crusaders are doing this year? [img]smile.gif[/img] - 'cause they are. (they just need a few more bonus points)
Old 04-22-2002, 05:35 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

- There's many a slip, twixt cup (OK - who mentioned the World Cup) and lip . You will have to face of against the Brumbies or the Waratah's in the semi's and finals before you get to claim boasting rights [img]tongue.gif[/img] - and the Reds aren't out of the equation just yet.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:35 AM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

It's my dog's birthday - she is 9.

[ 04-22-2002, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-22-2002, 05:41 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
It's my dog's birthday - she is 9.
She can't still be 9 - she was 9 when you last used this line on us 18 months ago. Have you discovered the elixir of life??

On a brighter note -Arsenal return to the top of the Premier league, courtesy of a double from fabulous Freddie - Lundjberg that is .
Old 04-22-2002, 05:52 AM   #7
Downunda

Who mentioned the cup? [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] - there's no such thing, it got canned, bleh...

As for the Reds being in the equation, the Blues still have an outside chance too :yeahrightsmilie:
Brumbies, Waratahs, no probs!

When it comes to League, the Warriors are a pretty sad sight after the weekend and the rest are just Aussie teams anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Don't follow the EPL too much but the Red Team (Man U is it? - don't shoot me if I'm wrong [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) seemed to be doing ok last I saw.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:54 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:

Don't follow the EPL too much but the Red Team (Man U is it? - don't shoot me if I'm wrong [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) seemed to be doing ok last I saw.
[img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-22-2002, 06:03 AM   #9
Downunda

Quote:
quote:

[img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]no?
Old 04-22-2002, 06:13 AM   #10
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
quote:

[img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]no? [/QUOTE]No! The team in red that is doing well is Arsenal. 1 point clear with a game in hand and in the FA Cup Final.

Davros - sorry about spamming your thread with talk of real sport.