Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 07:56 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:
The inn is built in the Goriffen Dale (GD for short), capital of Imperial West (IW for short ) based on Forgotten Realm, everyone is welcome to participate to design the plot and move the story. I volunteer to serve as DM (not much experience, but a start nontheless) I will be fair and fun but don't start spamming and flaming. Lame posts will be removed (Moderators please help here ) no discussions here, all posts must be made in character. You can use OOC or **blah blah blah**

Do NOT design moves for other player controled characters

THINK before you post
I know you are nice people, but you might seriously consider RPing a bit, because I am doing this for the people who love to play online RPG.

The reason why I reopen sunnyvile is because the old Sunnyvile thread was... not sucessful, but whoever participated, don't feel guilty, we all learn from mistakes.

A hint is: give your character a background, a story, who is your character? what is his/her goal of life? where does he come from? why is he here?

Sunnyvile is NOT for chit chat!

Also, don't make dumb posts, I'd appreciate it more if you are the players that want to adventure instead of CHIT CHAT!!

I repeat: NO CHIT CHAT!

And THINK before post, how can five vampires break into the city walls that easily??? geez

Old 10-24-2001, 07:58 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Sometime, somewhere along the Dragon Coast, had stood an almighty kingdom: The Imperial West. The nation of human power was that of greatest, however not even the most knowledgable sages had detailed records of such a place, in fact, most of them disregarded the existence of such a place. Today, only fabled ruins are left concealed within the forest, along with legendery tales of magic and glory told generations after generations, the Fabled Age of Imperial West.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunnyvile is a place of friends, rejoice and laughters. Great stories of adventure and intimacy love tales are told while some of the best mead are served around the bar room. The place is carefully kept, as clean as possible, despit there are constantly drunk patrons.

The bar owner sits in his own room, taking a break from last night busy work. Two young barmaids are chatting quietly near the bar table, occasionally slip couple girlish gigles. As you walk in, you see a sign hanging up on the wall to your left hand:

Welcome to Sunnyvile

We offer you:

Winter Mead: Control anger, delay is the key
Fire Mead: This will kill ya
Elven Mead: We can all live in peace
Ziroish Ale: Meow
One-hit-Ale: Special offer!'
Darkbrew CCL: (no description offered)
and: all other beverages

and numerous signs hanging on your right hand, a quickglancing showed:

"Humor is in the belly of the laughters"

--------------------------------------------Yorick the Wanderer

Wine has drowned more men than the sea.

Several tables are occupied, but many are empty. The far right corner sits a man dressed in full plate. Neatly decorated, the plate shins on its own. The human is at about his mid forties, black-grey mixed long beard shows proudly under his chin. His helmet is removed, on his left hand side, right hand holding a cup of mead, drinking by himself. A giant sword lean next to him, within his grasp's range. There is a symbol of flying Osprey Eagle on the hilt, indicating this man is a member of the Crown Guard.

A dwarf's scream caught you attention: "ye darn fooled orc-brainer!" To which his halfling companion poked the dwarf's arm indicating that his volumn had disturbed the others in the room, the dwarf slam his mead against the table once, grunted then resumed a low whisper conversation with the halfling. The halfling eyed you with more than passing interest for a while, then turned back to the dwarf.

A poorly dressed little girl sat by herself, sobbing.

OOC:
NPCs are:
Deux Cent Cinquante, Sunnyvile's owner, seasoned but out of shape fighter
Vangard, the dwarf fighter
Res, the hafling rogue
Sir Denis, the Crown Gaurd soldier
Nalio, the street thug
Julia, barmaid
Julia's friend, barmaid
five other patrons

feel free to design moves for NPCs, but DON'T kill them unless you have a good reason doing so

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 07:59 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: those are the hints for you to possibly develop story line, you can design your own plot

Rumor #1:

A vampire cult is discovered within Zephyre Woods, south west of Goriffen Dale. Merchants whispered under breath that they had seen the wild undead hunt down the living. Though no one knows who survived to tell the tale, the story needs no verification to wildly spread

Information source: The Merchant's Guild, east sector of Goriffen Dale

Rumor #2:

A strange Wind blow from the west entrance of Goriffen Dale, destroyed several buildings on its way, and torn down the Statue of Imperial Empiorer, several unfortunate citizens who got caught in the hurrican were killed brutally. The wind was said to be the spirit of a dead dragon who came back to raid the human civilization.

Information source: unknown

Rumor #3:

Witch's Eyes, within the Mud Valey 1 day travel north of Goriffen Dale. Unusual dark creatures were found looming the land. Actual reports were verified from the local druids and rangers. They are still searching the source of evil

Information source: Horkolia Bearpaw, can be found at cabin near the entrance of Mud Valey

Rumor #4:

Might and Strength, the Royal Garden of the Imperial Land, located near the Imperial Court within the Goriffen Dale, was haunted by evil. Prince Alen disappeared after mid night when the first haunting began. The search still continues, Palace mages were looking for help. Prophecy screaming the end of the empier, martial law is expected within days

Information source: local bars

Rumor #5:

Street wars came to halt. After years of battles waging between the Crown Guard and the Nightstalkers, the west sector of the Goriffen Dale was reclaimed after the death of Nightstalkers' ex-leader. A new leader changed the ways of Nightstalkers, the thief guild is going underground operation.

Rumor #6:

Three red robe mages were sighted outside the city wall. Palace mages went to investigate, but returned with nothing.

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 08:08 AM   #4
Legolas the Elven Archer

After his recent ressurection by Sniffy, Legolas once again walked into the bar and recovered his bow, knife and quivver of arrows. Luckily his clothes came back during the ressurection or he wouldn't have dared to walk around.

Legolas took a seat by the bar and asked for a mug of Darkbrew CCL.
From now on he'd keep a close eye on the barkeep, as the man seemed to have a good nose for trouble.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-24-2001, 08:25 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: LOL ROFLMAO!!!!
normally I'd wait for more adventures to join, but I will start a plot anyway

Deux offered a friendly smile, and he nodded to Julia to fill the elf's mug. The beautiful young woman walked to the elven worrior and eyed him alluringly ::

The human in full plate mail still sat in the corner, he watched the room carefully, as his duty to keep order as well as noting every strangers

The Dwarf, red beard, with a scar cross the forehead, chatted with a low voice with the hafling. The hafling nudged the dwarf a bit, indicating him to look up. The dwarf, looking cross the room, examed the elven warrior a while, then shook his head, mumbled

"nahhh, elves ... weaklin... naahhh, "

The hafling and the dwarf seemed to disagree with eachother, the dwarf angrily punch the table, which made a loud cracking sound. Deux, siting near the bar looked up to the sky "oh, by the Gods, not another table..."

The dwarf and the hafling are having heated but low toned discussion, you can barely make out of what they say. finally, with a resigned sigh, the dwarf seemed to give up. The hafling stood up, looked at the elven warrior respectfully, then walke to him

"Greetings, good elf, how fares travel? You can call me Res, I am the informant around here, but no, I am not here to sell information. Would you mind come over to our table so we can have a chat?"
Old 10-24-2001, 08:27 AM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

Rumor #3:

Witch's Eyes, within the Mud Valey 1 day travel north of Goriffen Dale. Unusual dark creatures were found looming the land. Actual reports were verified from the local druids and rangers. They are still searching the source of evil

Information source: Horkolia Bearpaw, can be found at cabin near the entrance of Mud Valey

'Ah. So my good friend Horkolia is having trouble with his land again. I'd better send out Sniffy with a letter to get some more info on this.'

The smell of the dead is starting to bother the elf now, so he takes a bit of pine bark on a string out of his pocket and hangs it on his nose. then he turns his attention back to his beer

------------------

Old 10-24-2001, 08:32 AM   #7
Legolas the Elven Archer

OOC- so something IS happening. Last two posts just missed eachother
I'll keep the pseudo in check.

Legolas looks at the barkeep for a moment, but his face remains solid.

'Sure.' the elf said. 'Lead on'

------------------

[This message has been edited by Legolas the Elven Archer (edited 10-24-2001).]

Old 10-24-2001, 08:44 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: you can walk yourself to the dwarf's tbale, cannot ya? I have to go get some sleep now, see you later.

Res led the elf to the dwarf's table, the dwarf remained a cold hard face, apparently disliking the elven sorts. Res politely smiled to the red beared dwarf, said:" Good dwarf, now he is here, shall we talk about it?"

The dwarf responded with a snore, but he raised his head to look at the elf anyway. "so, ye call ye self a fighter, boney one? what can ye do? tell me bout yself would ya?"

Old 10-24-2001, 09:11 AM   #9
Legolas the Elven Archer

Sensing an oppertunity to make some money Legolas bit back his 'What's it to ya' style remark and sat down.

'I be Legolas' he started.
'My father was Thranduil, an Elven king of sorts. Occasionally, he would send me out on a simple quest. Most often, I served as a messenger.
Because I had to travel a lot, I had to learn ways of defending myself. Now as you know, elves prefer the use of bow and longsword. Though I am reasonably able with the sword, I have always preferred the bow. This baby here is an ancient heirloom of my family. With it's help, I won many archery contests and I am one of the most able of my kind.'

Legolas started to drift back in memory.

'The last time I was sent out as a messenger by Thranduil, I got my first good taste of adventure. What started out as delivering a message quickly turned into an adventure of enormous magnitude. You see, there was a halfling with a magical ring which had to be destroyed, and I was sent to assist him. Saved the world back then, we did. Never had an adventure quite like it agian.'

He took a sip of his Darkbrew CCL before continuing.

'I left the country to travel to the forgotten realms, as there were hardly any real monsters left where I come from. Even here, there were hardly any challenges. Of course, after the first time, most of my fellow partymembers who were too eager for a fight and ran headlong towards the enemy didn't come back. There's an advantage to having a bow, you know.
I still remember how we took down the dragon Gzzrghtaaaughln (Legolas can actually pronounce this name correctly) I pinned it's wings to the rocks with four of my special arrows. But then, Zhungi wanted to finish it off and it blew fire all over him. In the end, it was Ashkataar who made the kill with a powerword.'

Legolas noticed how eyebrows were raised when he spoke of his special arrows, so he decided to go into more detail.

'You've all seen the normal arrows with the point, right? Well, those are used to pierce armour, flesh and bones. There are special versions with barbed hooks too. I also have arrowheads with a semicircle shape. These make a larger gap but don't go in quite as far. They are useful to stop horses in their tracks, as they quickly bleed to death. I also have'

Legolas stood up and retrieved the arrow with a silver tip

'this kind. Most of the time, they work on vampires.'

He tucked the arrow back in his quiver

'Now I have got a whole range of different heads, custom made, which I can pick out by the colour of the feathers as well. I used long, slender steel arrows with barbs for the dragon, for example.
Oh, before I forget, I also posess a couple of simple priest spells.

But that's enough about me. What about the job?'

------------------

[This message has been edited by Legolas the Elven Archer (edited 10-24-2001).]

Old 10-24-2001, 09:16 AM   #10
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: ROFL! Legolas, son of Thranduil... halfling with a magic ring that needs to be destroyed... LOL