Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-06-2001, 04:44 PM   #1
agrippa1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

With all the possible NPC's in the game I have no idea what characters to keep as party members. For example I have Nalia as a party member because of the Fighters stronghold quest and because I am not sure if I can retain controle of her Castle if I dismiss her form the party. As a mage I think she blows, Immoen was much better.

What characters are actually really worth keeping.

any input would be great.
Old 04-07-2001, 02:12 AM   #2
dirkduck169
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hello agrippa1. I think that which NPC's you want is kind of a personal opinion on what kind of party you want to have. But, some good ones I can think of are: Edwin, he's about the best you can get for a mage. Viconia, I think she's the best cleric in the game. Minsc, He may be a moron, but hes funny and really good with the 2 handed sword. If you are evil and dont want minsc, then Korgan is also really good if you max out his axe stat. I would recommend staying away from Nalia, because her thief skills suck and shes not a great mage either. I personally dont really like imoen either, cause I think she dualled to mage too early. Well, I guess that soem of the best characters are the evil ones. But, you should customize your party however you want.
Old 04-07-2001, 08:20 AM   #3
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by dirkduck169:
I would recommend staying away from Nalia, because her thief skills suck and shes not a great mage either. I personally dont really like imoen either, cause I think she dualled to mage too early.
There are only two pure mages in the game, and those are Edwin and Nalia. Edwin is more powerful spellwise, but Nalia can use shortbow which makes her almost as good. Nalia will also be able to cast level 8 spells later, so she is not that bad. Her thief-skills are really bad, but there are two rings that improves the thief's skill in find traps and open locks. If she wears them, she will be able to manage most situations with traps and locks.

------------------

Hmmmmmm...Yes, that must be it