Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-21-2001, 08:22 PM   #71
Tobbin_OHF

Ok, I jumped the gun on that one. Try this link instead.

GIF CONSTRUCTION SET

When you get there, just click on the word download at the top of the page. It does ask you for you e-mail address and stuff, but it doesn't check it or anything.

Old 02-21-2001, 09:14 PM   #72
Tobbin_OHF

Hey, forget what I just said, I was reading through the documentation and it will allow you to make an animated GIF unregistered, but it will put a notice in it that it is not registered yet. I never saw the message cause I registered it. You don't have any time limit on the software though, but I'll leave the decision to you. It works pretty good though.

From what I can tell, it looks like it just puts a comment section in the GIF file though, so maybe it's not that bad. Let me know what you think Memnoch. Hope it works for you.

Old 02-21-2001, 09:17 PM   #73
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

thanks tobbin, i just need it to loop frames. not doing anything hi-tech.
Old 02-22-2001, 12:25 AM   #74
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Has nobody else got any pictures of themselves to show us? Maybe I should start a new thread with just that...
Old 02-22-2001, 12:32 AM   #75
Tobbin_OHF

Lot of shy people out there. Hmmmm. Actually I'm pretty shy. Come on people, post those pictures.

Old 02-22-2001, 02:54 AM   #76
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just letting you know that GIF Construction Set works like a dream, Tobbin. Kicks ass all over GIF Animator. It only took me 15 minutes to figure out how to loop frames Thanks for the link!
Old 02-22-2001, 06:23 AM   #77
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Memny, sorry to be brief but you anf Tobbin should really get Fireworks, try the demo from Macromedia.
I had an accident last day (check Oh damn thread, if you care ;-( ) Hehe
Probably Jerome who avenged his skull and arm and well I didn´go for thoose bisquits so hard did I? Hehe ouch.. damn arm...
Well now I´m off for awhile will trie later tonight and se what happensd..
Old 02-22-2001, 08:48 AM   #78
Tobbin_OHF

Hey Wolfgir, I really appreciate you trying to help us my friend, but I just checked out that program (Fireworks). It is 18 megs to download, which really isn't too much of a problem as I have a burner and internet access at work, but the program lists as a 30-day trial. Does the program stop working after 30-days? The Gif Animator that Ulead makes works like that. I do have a copy of that as I got Ulead Studio when I bought my scanner, but it's the shareware version too. Just never really liked the interfacing that Ulead uses. Ok, hey Memnoch, I'm not seeing your pic, hope you didn't lose it. Hey Wolfgir, get healed up soon my brother. The hunt is coming up pretty soon and we need you for the scout.

Old 02-22-2001, 08:59 AM   #79
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Nah, my pic's there. Sometimes it turns on and off depending on what's going on with my site. If it doesn't appear, try rightclicking on it and forcing the picture to show.

If it's still not there by tomorrow, then something wierd is going on with my site. I uploaded a ton of gifs earlier tonight.
Old 02-22-2001, 09:17 AM   #80
Tobbin_OHF

Hahahaha, there we go, now we know why the board is overloading. If you can take a commercial server down (Geocities), that explains why our forums keep crashing. Sorry, too easy a poke, just had to go.