Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-13-2003, 04:26 AM   #81
wellard
Dracolisk

P.s Moirain

can you help me? I have a photo taken in north west france and I cannot remember where. If I send it to you maybe you will regognise it and be able to tell me?

[ 03-13-2003, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]
Old 03-13-2003, 05:27 AM   #82
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by lasher:
He comment que je suis francais.
A little of french cant do bad in this world of english [img]smile.gif[/img]
However my proud being french I must say i find dutch people lot more kind and warmer and ... you want more?
Actually i study in Germany and i really appreciate it (but i'll enjoy my holidays in france in one month). And when your a french in Germany, your always told to have a pretty accent and other nice things. The problem is lots of people talk to you either in french or in english, they dont understand we're here to practise.
Hey the Dutches: Wait to see if the guy isnt at ease before speaking english.
Youpi !

I am quite late, but welcome Lasher welcome ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Where do you live in France ?
Old 03-13-2003, 05:46 AM   #83
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
P.s Moirain

can you help me? I have a photo taken in north west france and I cannot remember where. If I send it to you maybe you will regognise it and be able to tell me?
Send it, Wellard, maybe I can find where it cames from - although the Northwestern part of France is the part I am less familiar with.

About your previous post, no worries mate ! [img]smile.gif[/img] I didn't post this thread expecting only praises, every country has its flaws.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:09 AM   #84
lasher
Dungeon Master

Quote:
I am quite late, but welcome Lasher welcome ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Where do you live in France ?
At the time i study (and as a consequence live [img]smile.gif[/img] ) in Germany.
But i always lived in "Rhone-Alpes" (although my parents live in "Auvergne" now).

EDIT: lets see if you remember your geography :
My place in France (my parents' place ) is "la prefecture de Haute-Loire".
Im ready to bet that without dictionary or "calendrier des postes" (i.e. calendar) you wont know where it is.

[ 03-13-2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: lasher ]
Old 03-13-2003, 08:35 AM   #85
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
At the time i study (and as a consequence live [img]smile.gif[/img] ) in Germany.
But i always lived in "Rhone-Alpes" (although my parents live in "Auvergne" now).

EDIT: lets see if you remember your geography :
My place in France (my parents' place ) is "la prefecture de Haute-Loire".
Im ready to bet that without dictionary or "calendrier des postes" (i.e. calendar) you wont know where it is.
You are both right and wrong, Lasher : I have never been that good in geography, true (places are abstract to me until I have met people living there ) - but my husband happens to be an Auvergnat, so I can tell you it is Le Puy (en Velay). Ha ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

... Where in Rhône-Alpes ?
Old 03-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #86
lasher
Dungeon Master

Damn it. Okay you won. But lets see if you know your own region:
I lived in Valence (easy) then moved on to Cornas then Annonay and finally studied in Lyon and Grenoble. So do you know these (2nd and 3rd of course)?
Old 03-13-2003, 11:14 AM   #87
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Damn it. Okay you won. But lets see if you know your own region:
I lived in Valence (easy) then moved on to Cornas then Annonay and finally studied in Lyon and Grenoble. So do you know these (2nd and 3rd of course)?
Annonay yes, Cornas no. I know Grenoble and Lyon pretty well too - and also Nancy and Nice from my childhood. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, are you a Mr. or a Mrs. ? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #88
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Moiraine - you mean are you a monsieur, a madame or a mademoiselle don't you .
Old 03-13-2003, 12:11 PM   #89
lasher
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hi Moiraine - you mean are you a monsieur, a madame or a mademoiselle don't you .
Good point. I'm a M. and not a Mme or Mlle.
PS: Arent ashame?

EDIT: Cornas is a little city in Ardeche too, not far from Valence and his wine is pretty good. If you dont know it you should try.

[ 03-13-2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: lasher ]
Old 03-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #90
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Good point. I'm a M. and not a Mme or Mlle.
PS: Arent ashame?

EDIT: Cornas is a little city in Ardeche too, not far from Valence and his wine is pretty good. If you dont know it you should try.
[/QUOTE]Hi Davros ! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Bah, these are French words, you sure these are allowed these days ?

Lasher LOL, I won my bet, is there a French village where the wine is not good, and I am a married if curious woman.

(EDIT for the 'curious' comment)

[ 03-13-2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Moiraine ]