Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2000, 07:43 PM   #1
Cantrell Staley

WARNING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF NOT PAST CHAPTER 4............

Hi, I just got into the dungeon in Spellhold and Yoshimo turned out to be a trader and is no longer with the party. Do you get a chance to kill him? He had a lot of my good stuff on him and I was wondering if I should go back to my quick save and switch over the stuff I want to keep. Or do you meet up with him again and get a chance to get your stuff back?

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-30-2001).]

Old 12-15-2000, 09:22 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You find out that Yoshimo is a traitor when you first enter spellhold. Cut screen, then you go into a dream area after Irenicus experiments on you, fight bhaal, then cut screen again back into spellhold, talk to short guy and convince him to get the other hostage mages to back you up against Irenicus, then go after him in middle tube room. Mages will help you in the battle (cool), and when Irenicus gives up and disappears, Yoshimo and friends show up to kill you. Nothing you can do but kill him and take his heart. So, yes, reload before entering Spellhold and strip Yoshimo before going on.
Old 05-29-2001, 07:34 PM   #3
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Got a little further into spellhold (I won't put any spoilers in) When the sleep thing happens, my system crashed. Quite convenient really, because when I reloaded, Yoshi suddenly became stripped of everything he had - well I couldn't let him carry it all around now, could I?
Old 05-29-2001, 07:45 PM   #4
Cybaslasher
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I killed Yoshimo at the Copper Coronet after i refused to have him in my party in Irenicus's Dungeon. But that was the second time around. Stupid jiggernut.
Old 05-29-2001, 09:30 PM   #5
Desuma_Malevois

Here's a nasty little thought to screw Yoshi over in the upcoming battle; dual him to a first level fighter right before you enter Spellhold. I'll have to try this one of these days to see if it really makes a difference or not.

Old 05-29-2001, 10:09 PM   #6
ogopogo
Manshoon

Hey, Cantrell, thanks for ruining the game for everyone who has not got that far yet. Read the terms of service before posting and follow the rules.

[This message has been edited by ogopogo (edited 05-29-2001).]

Old 05-29-2001, 10:11 PM   #7
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Hey! Where's your *spoiler* warning??

Please note that not everyone who browses this board have gone that far into the game, and who would not like surprises and major plot twists (this is one) spoilt for them.

As a form of politeness, please label such topics clearly with a spoiler warning.

I surprised Memnoch or Ziroc have not commented on this yet.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 05-29-2001, 10:39 PM   #8
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by ogopogo:
Hey, Cantrell, thanks for ruining the game for everyone who has not got that far yet. Read the terms of service before posting and follow the rules.

I just noticed the posting date of Cantrell's message (12/15/2000). I think Deddard's the one you should lambaste if you must.

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 05-29-2001).]

Old 05-29-2001, 10:43 PM   #9
ogopogo
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Desuma_Malevois:
I just noticed the posting date of Cantrell's message (12/15/2000). I think Deddard's the one you should lambaste if you must.

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 05-29-2001).]
Yeah, your right. But where the ell are the mods? They kicked killer off the board for dragging up old posts with spoilers in them and they should be doing the same to Deddard.
Old 05-29-2001, 11:02 PM   #10
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i emailed ziroc and memnoch, this should be taken care of soon.
sorry about this.
the rules werent as strict back when this post was made.

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin