Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-25-2000, 12:29 AM   #1
varek

Amen, brother. Thanks to that bastard Yoshimo I had to let her tag along thru Spellhold because I needed a packmule (and she cant even do that right). Once we made it back to the big city I felt me and my party had suffered her long enough, so I buried a poison dagger in her back then we gathered round and watched her scream. Had to crack her noggin' with the Skullcrusher to finish her off tho', she went out pretty hard for such a whiny little thing. Anyone notice that she's in third place on the Ironworks favorite NPC poll?? How the hell does that happen? She's even in front of "Victoria" whoever that is..

Old 10-25-2000, 04:54 AM   #2
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I travelled ALL the way to an ASYLEM just to get a STUPID dualclassed level 13 wizard that i DONT NEED, and level 7 THIEF!!!! What have they done to her?! If they had of kept her as a thief ONLY, i would have taken her into my group, but the LAST thing i want is another mage! the thief i have atm is WAY better than Imoens lame thieving skills. and now i feel guilty for not letting the person that my mission was to save into my group!!! VERY dissapointed....
Old 10-25-2000, 05:07 AM   #3
tempus

Furthermore, she doesn't have any spells in her book. At this point in the game, I mean, whoever you've got, you're bound to have a pretty full spellbook, why would anyone consider dumping them to pick up Imoen, whose personality also seems to have grown quite lame ever since she lost her soul. Even in Chapter One, she was more annoying than anything else, I'd say. All her reverie was wasted on an adventurer just starting a new adventure and excited about that. I mean, how could you miss Candlekeep. I remember when I took her into my party after she followed me and Gorion. I should have told her to go back home. Obviously, we'd have all been better off. Besides, now that it turns out she's the protag's sister, there's no chance of banging her, so why keep her at all. I say sell her to the slavers!

Old 10-25-2000, 06:38 AM   #4
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Agreed fully, send her back to candlekeep for all i care.
Old 10-25-2000, 07:08 AM   #5
Erekose
The Magister

Two things to note
1) You can use the rings to boost her thief skills
2) You get experience points for the group when learning new spells

Have her memorise spells like slow, haste, and magic breaking spells.

Cheers
(though i think being another child of Bhaal they could have given her a few special granted abilities)
Old 10-25-2000, 07:15 AM   #6
IRAKZAI

The only reason you would keep Imoen in your party is for when things get a bit quiet during the night you could use her for target practice, and I bet you all thought that I was going to say sex, that is what Airhead the Valley Elf is for Doh! I mean Aerie the Avariel Elf and she realy "SUX" if you know what I mean.

Old 10-25-2000, 11:55 AM   #7
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

I really like how the people on this board become more evil by the day.
Keep up the good work.
Old 10-25-2000, 07:50 PM   #8
IRAKZAI

I am not EVIL, I am just very, very, very, NAUGHTY. I can't believe that Airhead actualy put the hard word on me and I had to tell her to get back in her box and concentrate on killing NPC's and stop all that talk about making babies.

Old 10-25-2000, 11:01 PM   #9
Valcore
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I agree she is weak,but I have made the best of her,there aren't any good thieves in BG2.Yoshimo was great, but you know what happens there.Since she's part mage it's a pain to wear any armour, but I have her AC down to -5 with a ring and a buckler +1.and Bracers AC3 She's a level 13 mage now and with spell seq. she can kick some ass. I have her using the the fire tooth dagger,(throwing) as her main weapon. 2d4+3 1d2 fire damage. And as far a her thieving, with rings I'm over 100 in both Locks, and traps.Still weak in stealth,but with the improved invisibility spell I could care less. So until they make a add on with a new thief, she'll have to do.You could always play multi player and make you own thief. Well that's my take on her.
Old 10-26-2000, 02:36 AM   #10
A Mage named Rikard

Why can't you get on wih her
UJust look at greek mythologie every god or half god is doing it with 'his or her brother/sister/mother/father/grandfather/cousin
so why not you and you half sister right?
coz she looks better then jaheira and aerie (not vicona but she is evil)