Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
Marathon
Elminster

Another very novice question, I'm afraid...I'm done with the first crypt and am trying to get out. I can't seem to jump over the collapsed stairway. I've tried to move a chest and jump from that to the ledge without luck. So, before I burn any more time continuing on those paths, will either of those work? If not, what should I do?
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You can actually get out that way, if you look up, run up the stairs, and jump at the right time. However, there's another way out of the crypt that Rethpian tells you about (if you brought him a rat pie... ooh, I loves a good piece of rat!).

If you didn't bring him one, then try pressing the elevator button in F'Lokis Ra's room and getting out of the elevator before it goes down. You might be surprised at what you can find [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you haven't found F'Lokis Ra yet, you'll need to do that anyway...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:27 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Jumping the stairway is indeed possible. You can also stack a bridge across it using a crate.

Have you spoken to Nivius? Otherwise you are far from done there.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #4
fiffa46
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah I had that problem also, as soon as I enter either room the stairs just drop to the floor. I can by no meens jumt THAT high. :/
how to you make it so they don't drop down?
fiffa46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by fiffa46:
yeah I had that problem also, as soon as I enter either room the stairs just drop to the floor. I can by no meens jumt THAT high. :/
how to you make it so they don't drop down?
Hi fiffa46 -

Their talking about the broken stairway earlier in the crypt. I think you are talking about the stairs relate to the wizard or warrior pathways - different stairs.

You cannot prevent the wizard or warrior stairs from disappearing and you don't need to. After you battle the wizard and warrior spirits you will find crystals on the floor.

Examine the rooms that did have the stairs - you will find a crystal shaped niche on the wall in each room. Insert the crystal (you need to insert the correct crystal) and the stairs will return. At the top you can get the Jindol which will allow you to take either the wizard or the warrior path -

You can use crates and the like to build yourself a ladder so that you can get both jindols. Some players really like to do both paths (wizard or warrior) and you can try that too if you like, it is possible.

Hope that helps you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Clarifying a detail -

The game is designed for you to choose just one pathway - so when you use one of the crystals (either the wizard crystal or the warrior crystal) the other will not work. The only way the to get the other jinold is to make a ladder out of crates and things.

Hope I've been clear now.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
Marathon
Elminster

I must have a bad memory - I had visited the secret room by riding the top of the elevator about a week ago and completely forgot about it. Must have been all the time lost in the asylum...

At least now I have enough money to join guilds and have a couple barbarians in training (I didn't have that much money...). Great game so far - I'm off to find those toads...
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:54 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Go get 'em!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #9
fiffa46
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lol I went to the toads before but I still haven't made it to the asylum. >.>
well, I've been sick so i haven't played lately lol. Thanks for the info wyvern, I didn't realize they were talking about the broken stairs.
fiffa46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by fiffa46:
lol I went to the toads before but I still haven't made it to the asylum. >.>
well, I've been sick so i haven't played lately lol. Thanks for the info wyvern, I didn't realize they were talking about the broken stairs.
Hope you will be feeling better soon, fiffa46!!