Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2001, 07:40 AM   #1
Simon
The Magister

Sorry if this should have been in GD, I wasnt sure. I am just about to sell my laptop (P3550 if anyones interested) and I dont want to lose my BG2 game that I have put rather a few man hours into as Im sure you can all appreciate! Where are the saved games? can I just save them on to a disk and then load BG2 on to my new machine and paste the saved game in to a file? Please help or selling me computor will have to wait!

------------------
Grrrrrrrrr!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 07:43 AM   #2
Lord Shield

Program Files/Black Isle/BG2 - SoA/Save I think

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-29-2001, 08:22 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

As per above. only other thing might be Saved or Save as Lord Sheild said.. you might also want to save any Character files you might have exported. Other than that id think thats about it unless you also have items exported into your Override folder. the character files are really small so you can email them to yourseelf and save a little disc space if you dont have many. The saved game files can be fairly large and you may not get many on one disc... so have planty of discs handy

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 07:22 PM   #4
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you're anything like me, you've got loads of saves. (I think I've got sixty or so)
Once you finish a chapter( or are happy with the way things are going) simply open a new folder from your c: drive (or in the black isle folder) and call it something like baldurs gate backups, and drag all the files that you are no longer using into it.
This creates an archive of saves, but leaves the game-save screen of BG2 uncluttered. If you're planning on swapping machines, this is a good idea anyway - simply copy all of the files into a folder - that way if anyting goes wrong, you've got backups of everything!
BTW, if they're too big, you could always try zipping them with something like WinZip
The saved games are in the BG2/saves folder - just go to Windows explorer - Program files/Black isle/BG2 and you'll find the folder. (Think this is the right name for the bg2 folder - you'll find it.)

[This message has been edited by Deddard (edited 05-29-2001).]