Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 04-09-2001, 09:35 AM   #11
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
Hmmm... ok thanks.

Is this Mencar chap from BG1 or the expansion? If so, what role did he play?
No idea really. I just read a few posts on the old board saying you get items from BG1 and the Ironworks walkthrough says the same thing.

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-09-2001, 09:19 PM   #12
WebDiva D
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had a terrible time with this battle too, and after several reloads finally found the right combination of summoning/targeting. My poor party was near-death by the end of it but some good gear was had. There was only one chest my party couldn't open (thanks for reminding me) and soon as I clean up Umar Hills I will remember to take my more experienced folks back there to open the stubborn chest.
Old 04-09-2001, 09:30 PM   #13
Desuma_Malevois

There's lots of strategies you can try here. What has worked best for me is to have Yoshimo lay down a couple of days' worth of traps on Pookie, then have a mage summon an air elemental off of the scroll you (hopefully) find in the beginning. Have Yoshimo backstab the enemy mage and the elemental take on the dwarf, then just mop up the rest.

What you can also try is to send Yoshimo up alone, maybe with a potion of speed, and have him backstab the mage and then run back downstairs. With luck, only a few will follow him and into your party's "tender waiting arms". After taking them out, you can head upstairs to take on the rest.

Old 04-10-2001, 05:22 AM   #14
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Doesn't it make you wonder when there's a full-fledged battle going on upstairs and the customers downstairs don't even blink an eyelid? Must be sound-proof walls, lol.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:46 AM   #15
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

That party is a VERY tough one for an enemy if you try to face them in the beginning. I slunk away with my tail betwen my legs and vowed revenge later. Of course we did return for that rematch later on.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The chests are pickable, but at a fairly high level lockpicking skill. About 110-120 is needed. It is most satisfying to backstab that runt of a foul mouthed dwarf, and see him explode into dogfood. Pooky the familiar was the most dangerous opponent, surprisingly, and you must take him out with extreme prejudice at the beginning! Laying traps is very useful, as is poisoning the mage to disrupt his spellcasting.
Old 04-10-2001, 08:28 AM   #16
Lord Shield

I could only do them in the beginning if I picked up Aerie. Otherwise wait until a higher level