Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-27-2001, 11:43 PM   #1
Kaleban
Manshoon

After freeing the inamtes and Jon Irenicus fleeing, when you next encounter Saemon, is there any way to go with him on his ship if you choose to use the portal to the Underdark? I didn't know that he would dissappear for good, and I accidentally saved after he had dimension doored.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:46 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Um, don't think so... well, you won't miss that much... just a couple of good weapons and some experience

You know, and this is not directed at you [img]smile.gif[/img] , it really surprises me the imprudent use of save slots of people. I am absolutely paranoid that I will somehow stuff things up and use way too many slots, but some people seem to use one or two and consequently get themselves stuck. Just my [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry I can't really help you. The only thing I can think is you can cheat in the items you'll miss. There's really only three of note.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:33 AM   #3
Whailor

Well, no. You just brushed him off. You wont miss that much, though as Aelia said, you definatly will miss on couple of handy things. Well 1 thing at least heheh..

Haven't tried to edit the savegame flags to see if he comes back. However, just before you actually met Saemon, you did a small area change (from lower floor to upper floor), so unless you also changed some are where the game saved, you should still have the AutoSave, which can help you. But, if you changed any area at a later stage and game autosaved, then that's gone too.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:50 AM   #4
Kaleban
Manshoon

Unfortunately, after getting the key I went back down to the "Irenicus Room" to see if I could find an alternate exit, which it then autosaved. Damn.

Well, the game I was playing was a mix of my own guys, and it was a bit overpowered (i.e. due to some import bug, my Undead Hunter got his abilities PLUS those of his Paladinhood, so I had about 26 Detect Evils at level 11...) so maybe I'll just restart the game.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:00 AM   #5
Whailor

Well, you are quite far in the game when it comes to restarting it, but then again, sometimes the fun is in it as well

There were really just 1-2 items in the city which were good to use, but nothing too crucial really. I used to think earlier also that especially one thing there would be the absolute must, but come to think of it, it's good but not a "must". So you can just freely move on and do the fishland on the other round

Well OK, you will miss the Saemon's good excuse line:
"Oh hell. I will be below the deck, securing the... ah... something"