Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-12-2004, 10:28 PM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Bono (in my opinion) is an arrogant jackass. U2 isnt even that good and the guy thinks he rules the music world. His latest are his comments about being in the UK hall of fame. Granted those things are stupid ass hell but his overal attitude is that of a snooty child. I'd punch his friggin lights out, then explain why. Of course with a head that swollen with pride he likely wont bruise but sure as hell would hurt [img]smile.gif[/img] Its like the grammys a couple years ago where he said "F*** the mainstream(music) uhh hello Bono your mainstream, the guys an idiot
Old 11-12-2004, 11:39 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

They've been playing his latest song all over the place lately (Hello Hello), not just on the radio but TV s as well. Too bad it isn't Goodbye Goodbye LOL.

I'm never impressed when anything or anyone gets shoved down my throat re media.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-12-2004, 11:57 PM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

I honestly don't mind the music, mainstream or no. At least it has a distinctive sound, unlike half the junk out there being pushed by record companies.

The arrogance, however, I can do without. It's a well-known fact that only the most grounded musicians can stay humble once they've made it big.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:57 AM   #4
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

The music he is complaining about is all the rap, hip hop, R&B ie. all the rubbish that people listen to our days that is made up of computer generated sounds and not instriments, emimnen or usher couldnt pick up a guitar and play you a good song but Bono could even if he hasnt got a good voice.

I dont quite understand how you can call U2 "not that good" considering they've been goin now for like 23 years had multiple no# 1 albums songs and are one of the best known bands in the world.

Another point, U2 are Irish they have to be good to get put into the hall of fame in another country wouldnt they.

EDIT: sorry I was annoyed I just got kicked out of my house recently and Im not in a good mood. sorry if i offended

[ 11-13-2004, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: lost prophet ]
Old 11-13-2004, 01:24 AM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Never been a huge fan of Bono. But each to there own. He is a Icon in the music world. You have to give some respect he has just been doing it to long.

And lost prophet. Can you edit your post I am sure that using swear words is not needed to get your point accross. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2004, 06:47 AM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Its ok, I like cuss words. Sober now and yep still cant stand that twit Bono [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2004, 07:03 AM   #7
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I have mixed feelings about U2. I bought my personalized license plate in 1983 and it says U2*1 (* is a Crown in Canada) and I still have it on the front. I don't have their last 3-4 albums, I think the old stuff is better. At first they boasted being Christian, but I'm not sure they say that anymore. Paul Hewsen (Bono) is a great humanitarian and I don't know what fame can do to a person. When you have so many people telling you every day how great you are, it must get hard to stay humble after a while.
I have some great concert pics from a concert I went to in Ottawa (80's). Bono is up on the concrete wall before the show chatting with fans. There arn't many who would do that, specially knowing you'll get in big doo-doo if you're caught!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:08 AM   #8
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I don't mind him, and i like U2.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:17 AM   #9
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

A great humanitarion in image, he likes to talk about donating to things like war child and anti aids campaigns, but what does hé do? Sit on a big heap of money, that's what he does with it, buying expensive sunglasses and leather outfits, that's what he does. If he réally cared, he would put so much of his money in the anti-terribleness campaigns he would live a moderate life like a school teacher or somesuch.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:45 AM   #10
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
A great humanitarion in image, he likes to talk about donating to things like war child and anti aids campaigns, but what does hé do? Sit on a big heap of money, that's what he does with it, buying expensive sunglasses and leather outfits, that's what he does. If he réally cared, he would put so much of his money in the anti-terribleness campaigns he would live a moderate life like a school teacher or somesuch.
Sunglasses and clothes are nickle and dime! How much have you donated lately? Everybody looks to the "stars" to do this stuff, what about ourselves? We could give in time, money etc. And most of these people give a lot, they just don't flaunt it. We don't give each other much at Christmas, maybe 1 or 2 little things and we give most of it to the food bank. Imagine what kind of affect it would have if more people did that sort of thing.