Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 01:36 PM   #1
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi.

Can anyone help me out here? I've got a pals disc and installed it but can't find any new areas at all. I have a mission pack save with a load of idiot characters that I'm not using. I can use my final save if I like...but I don't like because it's an old character. It says that I can use any save and walk to Ulgoths Beard. Well I've walked around for hours and can't find that nor Durlags Tower. I know where they both should be on the map. I can happily start playing the mission save thing but it's pointless and a mage transports me somewhere. How can I use my own bloke to do totsc before finishing BG1?

Cheers.
Old 02-27-2001, 02:00 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Ulgoths beard is far north, scroll up further north than Baldurs Gate. Durlags tower becomes visible after certain events in Ulgoths beard. Hope this is of some help Charlie.
Old 02-27-2001, 02:04 PM   #3
Tobbin_OHF

One way is to talk to the dude talking about a tour. He will tell you how to get there and then it will open up on the map. There is a few nasty surprises on the way there though, so make sure you are ready.

Oh yeah, In Ulgoth's, watch out for the mage too, unless you have already completed the task about finding his stuff. He'll gate ya without a though. Just to let ya know.

Old 02-27-2001, 02:05 PM   #4
Charlie
Lord Ao

Cheers Yorick but it's not on the map.
I've walked north off of the top from the bandit camp. I've walked North off of the top of the Bridge area. I've walked North and East from the uppermost map area....nothing. If I use the mission save thing and walk East off of the map then I'm in Baldurs gate somewhere. I can use a Final save or the mission save but I can't use any others and walk there as it tells me I can on the loading screen.....any other ideas people?

Cheers Tobbin. Where's that bloke located?
Old 02-27-2001, 02:08 PM   #5
Tobbin_OHF

If you are playing with the pre-saved characters, you should start off directly in Ulgoth's. Hmmm. You may have a bad copy of the game or something. Not sure. Oh wait, I've got it. Of course, you are going to a previous save game, right? Sorry charlie, but the area won't be accessed until you clear out Baldur's Gate and are in Chapter 7. Until then, it won't be available.

Old 02-27-2001, 02:12 PM   #6
Tobbin_OHF

I had that same problem when I first started out. It's in the readme file somewhere, can't remember exactly. I gave up at the time and used the add on characters. Eventually, I did finish up to where I could put my character in there.

The mage is pretty close to where you first enter the screen.

The trader/guide will be close to the buildings in town on the right hand side. It's been awhile, so you need to forgive me if I'm a little off. Don't forget your ward stone either. It comes in handy.

Old 02-27-2001, 02:33 PM   #7
Charlie
Lord Ao

Aaahh. Just started Chapter 7 but took many short cuts. Ie haven't done any quests in Baldurs Gate like the Halruuan airship, thieves or anything else. I went straight to the Iron Throne, bashed em and then to the Flaming Fist. From there directly to the Candlekeep dungeons which I have just escaped leaving me outside the walls of Candlekeep thus starting Ch' 7. Do you think this could be why and if so what do you suggest I do?

Cheers.
Old 02-27-2001, 02:39 PM   #8
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Charlie:

I started ToSC right after escaping Candlekeep and before beginning chapter 7. It seems like I had a problem too, initially, but was a long time ago.

You have fully explored the farm area north of Baldur's Gate (where the zombies are). I think that maybe after I did that area Ulgoth's Beard apeared north of there. As far as I can remember you can't access Ulgoth's Beard from Baldur's Gate directly--you have to go through the farm country.

Hope it helps.
Old 02-27-2001, 03:00 PM   #9
Charlie
Lord Ao

Yeah cheers Reeka.

I've walked to the top of that map and the cursor changes at the NE part to tell you that you can leave the area there so I leave by the E side of map but there's still nothing there. Although the cursor change suggests that there should be. If I load the mission thing (doesn't have my characters) then Lathander is there wanting a cloak or something and berating me for killing his daughters. In my main game I haven't done that, do you think this has a bearing on things?
Old 02-27-2001, 03:28 PM   #10
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Glad that helped some, Charlie. If memory serves, you probably did kill his daughters in Baldurs Gate. The was a sub-quest where you went and stole something (God! it was so long ago). And if you were like me, you ended up killing (what now turns out to be) his daughers to get it.

It won't solve your problem of gettin your character into ToSC (I have no clue if you went to the edge of the farm land), but you can go ahead with the mage. He will teleport you to an isle . . . . oops! Forgot!

SPOILER ALERT!

Anyway, he will teleport you to an island. You have to work your way through the island and when you complete the quest and get his robe (I think?) he will teleport you back to Ulgoth's Beard.

Caution: very rusty memory working here!