Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-16-2001, 04:43 PM   #11
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
It doesn't matter whatsoever. It will have no impact on your game. Do me a favor and kill Aerie too will ya?

Cool, thanks. And thanks for not accusing me of murder. Heh heh heh.
Old 08-16-2001, 05:28 PM   #12
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Oh, come on now, it's not murder...more like population control. Aerie deserves it. She drives me insane!!!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-16-2001, 05:30 PM   #13
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Oh, come on now, it's not murder...more like population control. Aerie deserves it. She drives me insane!!!

"ooh, there are such stories among my people. being underground is just not for the avariel...."

"shaddap, stumpy or ill pull your legs off too."
Old 08-16-2001, 05:33 PM   #14
Lioness
Jack Burton

I HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATE

HATE

Edwin.
Sorry, just my 2.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Little Angel of Ironworks
Old 08-16-2001, 05:36 PM   #15
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
I HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATEHATE

HATE

Edwin.
Sorry, just my 2.

don't sugar coat it. tell us how you *really* feel.

And I suspect you are in good company, after all, I had my hale band of pixels gut his smart ass pixels like a fish cause I didn't like the tone of his scripted text interactions.

computes?

Terence
Old 08-16-2001, 07:16 PM   #16
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Terence The Unspecial:
No, I reject the bourgeois concepts of "good" and "evil." ).]
Good and Evil 'bourgeois'... have you heard the term 'buzzword generator'

I suggest unless you know the context of the words that you are using, you might prehaps try a less "syllable intensive workout" (I love Edwin).
Old 08-16-2001, 10:56 PM   #17
TheBeerBaron02
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Edwin is cool he always starts stuff with my other members and when they threaten to beat his ass he shuts up hehe.
Old 08-16-2001, 11:14 PM   #18
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
To the best of my knowledge brutally murdering Edwin does not impact on any quest later on in the game.

Hope that helps.

I understand Minsc particularly enjoys doing the job.

Minsc or his hampster?
Old 08-17-2001, 01:18 AM   #19
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

Well you will miss out on the exp and plot of the nether scroll quest, which rocks, basically.

Also, gotta love Edwin and Viconia's dialouges - Viconia questioning Edwin about men from Thay's rumored .. um .. prowess. Edwin's response is classic.
Old 08-17-2001, 05:13 AM   #20
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

"The bourgeoisie has subjected the country to the rule of the owns. It has created enormous cities, has greatly increased the urban population as compared with the rural, and has thus rescued a considerable part of the population from the idiocy of rural life. Just as it has made the countryside dependent on the towns, so it has made barbarian and semi-barbarian countries dependent on the civilised ones, nations of peasants on nations of bourgeois, the East on the West. The bourgeoisie keeps more and more doing away with the scattered state of the population, of the means of production, and of property. It. has agglomerated population, centralised means of production, and has concentrated property in a few hands." Karl marx

Bourgeois concept of evil? As can be seen from the quote above, Bourgeois is a phrase used since the 19th century to denote the wealthy, propertied middle-class. Good and evil by comparison has been a term in use as far back as recorded history (some book called the bible makes passing mention if i remember rightly). As for your actions in killing Edwin, you don't seem to consider them evil, but others might. Killing someone because you don't like their turn of phrase seems pretty evil to me. Your failure to recognise this seems to stem from your unwillingness to accept the consequences of your actions. Just because you refuse to acknowledge the existence of good and evil doesn't make your actions right. Unless you can prove that there are no such things as good and evil, or right and wrong, you must acknowledge the possibility of their existence and therefore the possibility that your actions were unwarranted. I would be interexsted to see what scale you used to measure the merits of your actions. Does it run something like "What I deem acceptable, what I deem unacceptable". This is a trait becoming more and more a characteristic of modern society and while it can be a good measure of judgement (do what you feel is right), it is also a highly subjective one.